Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Questions about maps

Edited 1709679316
I need to know how people can save maps with dynamic lighting already on them. I see these in the market place and was wondering how I can set up a map and whenever I load that map, it hast he dynamic lighting already on it. Also, I've seen an API that uses Rollable tables to generate maps sections and scenery, and was wondering how to that as well. I know how to put images in a rollable table, but when I roll that table it just shows the descriptor, not the image. Edit: I figured out how to show the image, but can't figure out how to generate it on the map
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi wesley! Some answers: I assume you are talking about saving maps for other folks to use in their games? If so, that's a feature of being a Marketplace Creator. Basically, when you set up an item to sell that contains pre-lit maps, you create a game with everything in place. That game is added to an existing game when someone purchases it (an Addon), or is used to create a copy for the purchaser as a brand new game (a Module). There is no way to simply share maps or assets between user accounts (since this would be an easy avenue for abuse and piracy.) As for the Mod script you describe, I do have vague memories of such a thing. Currently (this will change soon), scripts are limited to onlyusing uploaded assets from a user account—Marketplace images cannot be manipulated. So there is that caveat. As for the script itself, hopefully someone can pitch in with a link. I don't recall ever using one.

Edited 1709694205
I was hoping there was a way to do it, in my game, for the solo play I am doing. After seeing those in the marketplace I thought of an idea. I have a set of modular maps i purchased a while back and would like to just set them up, create the dynamic lighting on them, then roll on a table for the next segment, and have it populate that onto the map, even if I've used that segment before. I can do the same thing manually, just by setting up each segment on it's own page, then reset the darkness anytime I move off it, but I was wondering if there was a short cut to it.
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi wesley, as a pro user you can use the transmogrifier to import maps and their overlyaing dynamic lighting layer. Your second post points to a bigger challenge as the maps you use might have different dynamic lighting each. To my knowledge there is no way (except for MODs) to change the DL-layer accordingly. In tollable tokens you can only import the maps (pictures).
I am looking for Top down Sci-fi Building VTT assets