Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Discord/forum for module builders?

I'm currently building a full campaign up... In fact I have been for several months (keep making changes). Is there a community or discord group where such endeavours can be done in a more co-operative way? For instance, I am very good at macros, API, setting up maps and encounters and pretty good at the little bits... But writing up descriptions, dealing with the overall structure i keep failing behind. The more I think about it the more I realise that working as part of a team may be preferable to working alone. Tldr: spent months converting night below to 5e and keep writing 'write description here'
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
is this for a product you intend on selling?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Boli! To follow up B Simon Smith's question. If you become a Marketplace creator, there is a discord available for talking with other creators about how to produce items for sale in the Roll20 Marketplace, including sourcebooks. However, if this is aimed at a pure world building exercise and  you are indeed asking "where should I discuss this" , Reddit* might be a good place, specifically, r/worldbuilding . *  The Roll20 forum Code of Conduct requires that all discussion must relate to Roll20. Rules discussions, world building, lore, and such are best talked about elsewhere, unless the question is something like "how do I implement this idea on Roll20?"
I would *love* to allow others to play it, but it is sadly a minefield in legality over who owns what (I've been very liberal in using both marketplace items as well as online) so it would not be suitable for sale sadly. I was hoping if anyone knew of a community of creators for... Well creation sake but sadly there doesn't appear to be one other than just reddit.. Which does help for the occasional query is not a collaborative place.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I preside over a TTRPG Community discord you'd be welcome to talk about stuff like this in:&nbsp; <a href="https://discord.gg/V8jg26H77n" rel="nofollow">https://discord.gg/V8jg26H77n</a> To reassure the powers that be, we have a Roll20-specific channel for discussion on how to use the platform to the greatest effect as well as plenty of channels for other world-building but off-topic for this forum stuff.
I could walk you through my process if it helps you. Hit me up. My discord is bloodxlord .&nbsp;