Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Missing Most of the Maps and Chapters?

Edited 1709946481
Maps and journal only loaded for the first 3 and half chapter, as well as the Volo's guide at the end. Half of the NPCs are missing as well. Here's all the maps I have in a list. 
I typed out a lot more, listing all the stuff I'm missing in comparison to the physical book I have. But Roll20 went into a verify you are human death loop after I clicked submit so I'm not doing that again. BTW, I have manually uploaded all the maps and I'm not using the journals much, so it doesn't affect me this time. But this is still a bug that should be fixed

Edited 1709949082
Gauss
Forum Champion
Bowman C said: I typed out a lot more, listing all the stuff I'm missing in comparison to the physical book I have. But Roll20 went into a verify you are human death loop after I clicked submit so I'm not doing that again. BTW, I have manually uploaded all the maps and I'm not using the journals much, so it doesn't affect me this time. But this is still a bug that should be fixed Hi Bowman,  Regarding the verify you are a human death loop, please file a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center .  About the module, please try to create a new adventure with the module attached. It might be it didn't fully install on the first attempt. That happens sometimes.  Edit: I created a game with it and it appears to load completely for me. So my guess is that it was a failed module installation. 
Gauss said: Hi Bowman,  Regarding the verify you are a human death loop, please file a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center .  About the module, please try to create a new adventure with the module attached. It might be it didn't fully install on the first attempt. That happens sometimes.  Edit: I created a game with it and it appears to load completely for me. So my guess is that it was a failed module installation.  Thanks for your response. However I just created another game with the module attached. Now there are 3 active dragon heist games in my games, I just compared them side by side, they all have those exact maps same as the screen shot, and the journals are also cut off at the exact same point. Did I simply purchase an incomplete version of the module? 
Gauss
Forum Champion
What are the steps you are using to create your campaign?  In my campaign I appear to have all the elements. 
Gauss said: What are the steps you are using to create your campaign?  In my campaign I appear to have all the elements.  - Well I click the “Creat new game” button or option from the drop down menu on the top.  - It takes me to a screen where the left side is name of game and character sheet selection.  - On the right are my purchased modules. - I select Dragon Heist, then “I’m ready create the game”. - This takes me to the launch game page. 
you also need to to add-on the season that you are using from the addon drop down
Kilter said: you also need to to add-on the season that you are using from the addon drop down Oooh. But it’s also missing a few maps not of any season. Are those included as well? I’ll go try. Thanks.

Edited 1709961274
Gauss
Forum Champion
Bowman C said: - Well I click the “Creat new game” button or option from the drop down menu on the top.  - It takes me to a screen where the left side is name of game and character sheet selection.  - On the right are my purchased modules. - I select Dragon Heist, then “I’m ready create the game”. - This takes me to the launch game page.  I am doing the same steps and my game appears complete. But, I don't have a physical copy of the game, so if you could share the specific sections that are missing I can correlate that with my copy of the game. 
Gauss said: I am doing the same steps and my game appears complete. But, I don't have a physical copy of the game, so if you could share the specific sections that are missing I can correlate that with my copy of the game.  Thanks for all the help, Kilter solved my problem above. They put the rest of the module in add-ons, I have to load one of the seasons to get the content. Looks like it's all there
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Bowman! Sorry I didn't see this earlier (have to sleep sometime). When the module was converted for Roll20, the team determined that it was too big for efficient gameplay. So the later chapters (which follow one of four different plotlines, depending on season) were split into four different add-ons. This is detailed on the marketplace page, and in the Roll20-specific handouts in the module, but nevertheless, a lot of people miss this. Whatever you do, do not try loading all four seasons in a single game. Although Roll20 runs more efficiently these days, the add-ons will overwrite each other in spots, or add a tone of duplicated content in others, IIRC.
keithcurtis said: Hi Bowman! Sorry I didn't see this earlier (have to sleep sometime). When the module was converted for Roll20, the team determined that it was too big for efficient gameplay. So the later chapters (which follow one of four different plotlines, depending on season) were split into four different add-ons. This is detailed on the marketplace page, and in the Roll20-specific handouts in the module, but nevertheless, a lot of people miss this. Whatever you do, do not try loading all four seasons in a single game. Although Roll20 runs more efficiently these days, the add-ons will overwrite each other in spots, or add a tone of duplicated content in others, IIRC. Thanks for the explanation. It's completely understandable.