Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Imported roll20 characters do no t have token bars, but all other characters do.

I just recently ran my first campaign. I imported 4 players from another campaign. When I click on their token, the popup that shows HP, AC or whatever, simply doesn't pop up (as a DM or player). All of the compendium creatures, and other players made in Roll20 recently work perfectly. No matter what I change or do, for those 4 players there the token bars simply don't pop up, but for ALL other characters, it works perfectly fine and I know how to change the settings to change visibility. Yes, I have given visible access to all of the players. Yes, I have linked their character sheet. This is very specifically for these 4 imported characters. I checked a working sheet with not working sheet token under "attributes" side by side, and nothing stood out at all that might be cause of this. I feel like this has a very simple solution that I just can't find. Any ideas? Much appreciated!
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi Ethan, make sure you set the token bars correctly and that you save them as default for the respective token.
Hey Ralph! Thanks for the help. They have been linked and I'm able to change settings to limit or give visibility. I understand how linking the token works and every other token, including objects, behave normally. And by bars--I mean the 3 bubbles above their head and the gear and status bubble beneath---nothing appears at all. Even random objects will show some sort of response. It's linked to the character and the HP bar is visible, but the 3 circles and the two below---simply not there when I click on the icon.
EDIT: I figured it out!  Simple but weird. When you right click on a token, and go to "Advanced", these 4 characters had the setting "Is Drawing" checked. If "Is Drawing" is checked, it will still show a HP bar and connect with character sheets, but it will disable all popups bubbles. When these characters were made, the DM must have set them to 'drawing' for some reason, which carried over somehow during the import.