Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

compendium wont load when I direct search

When I go to search my compendium for the games I run, it says that there's and error and to retry.  I can go in manually and pick items or monsters , but the search isn't working . It just keeps telling me to retry. i cleared the cache and still having the issue. Is anyone else having this problem and or found a fix
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi DM Blake! Can you identify which Compendium is giving you issues, and give examples of some specific searches to try? Also, are you using the web Compendium, it the in-VTT Compendium?
thanks for the reply.  It has been happening speratically in the ingame D&D 5E compendium when i bring it up while running games on my web browser.. its not every time and its not the screen you get when you search something and its not there. its the error sorry we missed a connection with the RETRY button..  Its been happening more and more when Ive been online for longer periods, such as after an hour or so.  it also is specific to when I search for things and hit enter such as if I type the word DRAGON and hit enter it will sometimes give me that prompt, but if i type "drag" and dont hit enter, it will bring up the words with "drag" in it.