Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Handouts

Is what I'm trying to do possible? What I'm trying to do... I have a map of a destroyed camp. There are scattered books across this map. I'm trying to set it up so when an individual player clicks on the image/token/asset/etc of a book they receive a handout. This handout can appear to any player but they must click on the 'book' first. This needs to be a handout rather than whispered text as I have created an image of a torn out page with writing and aged by the elements. ...is this possible?
No, at least not yet! There is a thread in the suggestions forum regarding "Map Pins Linked to Handouts" which is exactly what you want to do! If you want to do it now, you need to use another VTT like Foundry... Erik said: Is what I'm trying to do possible? What I'm trying to do... I have a map of a destroyed camp. There are scattered books across this map. I'm trying to set it up so when an individual player clicks on the image/token/asset/etc of a book they receive a handout. This handout can appear to any player but they must click on the 'book' first. This needs to be a handout rather than whispered text as I have created an image of a torn out page with writing and aged by the elements. ...is this possible?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Eric! You can also check out the Supernotes script. It can either create a chat message of the token GMNotes, which has the option of being stylized similar to what you are describing (it has over a dozen templates), or it can create it's own handouts. You can also put [name of handout] in the GMNotes, and activating Supernotes will put a link into chat that will open the handout. At this point in time, there is no mechanism for putting a button object on the VTT that will automatically perform an action once selected.
Thank you all for the replies. I'll look into Supernotes to see how close it can come to my desired effect.