Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Total mismatch between dice rolled in chat and 3d dice

Hi I've been noticing a recurring issue with the 3D dice on Roll20.  The dice results shown in 3D don't match what's displayed in the chat box. I saw some posts regarding this issue about a year back, but I thought it had been fixed. In my game this evening it was chaos.  During the game, which included five players and a GM, we observed that the 3D dice showed different results for different players. For instance, one saw an 18 on a d20, while another saw an 8. This inconsistency led us to disable the 3D dice feature to avoid confusion. Dice are crucial in RPGs, and it's surprising to encounter such issues on a platform dedicated to TTRPGs. This wasn't a problem in the past, so has something changed? Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround or a fix that I'm not aware of? I'd appreciate any insights or suggestions to resolve this, as it's impacting our gaming experience. Here's a screen shot, just one example but it was constant. I'd say 40% of results were correct, as in both dice and chat matched.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats a new one to me. I thought if you roll the same amount, they'd show the same value. I knew of a different problem, that because of the way rolltemplates work, you might see more 3D dice rolled than are shown in chat. I'm not aware of this being fixed - it would be pretty huge if it was. (Maybe I missed it?) This only happens when extra dice are rolled but not displayed. But you are apparently getting the same number of dice rolled as appearing in chat. That sounds like a definite bug.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Andrew,  There isn't much a user can do about this, so I suggest filing a report with the Devs via the Help Center . 
Hej guys and gals, we are having the same issue in our Dungeons and Dragons session right now. So not fixed yet. No match between the 3D dice rolls and the chat results. Which is really a pity - only chat results are reliable but the fluff of the dice rolls is such a nice feature.
Sorry to hear youre having an issue, but I'm also pleased to hear it's not just me. 3d Dice in my game are now almost totally broken. 90% of the rolls no longer match between chat result and 3d dice result. This surely cannot be right. I'd expect the dice roller to be bullet proof. I've tried in multiple browsers (chrome, edge and Firefox), the result is the same. Tonight a friend of mine started a new dnd game, and from the start the dice were wrong.  I then loaded up Jumpgate, tested the dice. All wrong still. Here's another screenshot from tonight's game. This is just some of multiple wrong results.  And again.. On the occasions when it is right, it rolls the wrong amount of dice... All the above are from the same game. And then finally, in a totally new game, using Jumpgate
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hopefully this has been fixed, if you see further instances of this please let us know.