Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Upcoming Changes to Roll20’s Paizo Connect

1710802870

Edited 1710865531
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hey all. The past months we’ve been investing more than ever to deliver the best Pathfinder experience possible. Some upcoming highlights are: Permanent price reductions on Pathfinder VTT products (coming March 25th) A brand new Pathfinder character sheet and builder! Complete support for Pathfinder Core! More Pathfinder VTT conversions, including completing Return of the Runelords parts 4 , 5 , and 6 (coming very soon)! As we renew our focus on Paizo content, we are retiring the Paizo Connect program. This was a great feature, but was used by very few players, and was inflating prices for all players. This change allows us to improve our price points on Paizo products for everyone, while prioritizing bringing more Pathfinder and Starfinder content and updates to Roll20. This change will take effect on March 25, 2024. Here’s what you need to know: For Existing Paizo Connect Users If you have already unlocked content using Paizo Connect, rest assured, your content remains unchanged. This update impacts future transactions only. For Everyone Else If you’ve purchased Paizo content on Roll20 but haven’t activated Paizo Connect on your account, please do so before March 25th to claim your free content on Paizo.com . If you’ve purchased content on Paizo.com and wish to claim your discount on Roll20 for the VTT equivalent product, connect your account and claim these discounts before the disconnect date. Post-disconnect, these discounts will no longer be available, although many of these same VTT items will be offered at new reduced prices. Instructions for activating Paizo Connect on Roll20. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. Please feel free to comment here if you have any questions.
Two questions: 1. You are retiring Paizo Connect which means no more discounts on Roll20 for owned Paizo products or access to pdfs on Paizo.com for owned Roll20 content.  And in exchange we get the promise of permanent VTT price reduction on Roll20, is that correct? 2. I currently have a pre-order for Pathfinder 2nd Edition Monster Core.  It is processed and finalized for shipment and downloadable from Paizo.  But it is listed as a pre-order item on Roll20 and I have no idea if I will get access to it through Paizo Connect BEFORE the March 25th cutoff date.  Can you confirm whether I will be able to redeem it in time or not?
QUITE concerned with this, will the new sheet be ready to go this month fully? If not please extend the deadline , Then what will the dicount be per price point and is it all products? Wait and see I guess and you really need to put out more information than this. Tom
Errol L. said: Two questions: 1. You are retiring Paizo Connect which means no more discounts on Roll20 for owned Paizo products or access to pdfs on Paizo.com for owned Roll20 content.  And in exchange we get the promise of permanent VTT price reduction on Roll20, is that correct? 2. I currently have a pre-order for Pathfinder 2nd Edition Monster Core.  It is processed and finalized for shipment and downloadable from Paizo.  But it is listed as a pre-order item on Roll20 and I have no idea if I will get access to it through Paizo Connect BEFORE the March 25th cutoff date.  Can you confirm whether I will be able to redeem it in time or not? I know we're strangers, @Errol L. , but I just wanted to commiserate with you about how you're being put through this crap... They really should've thought through these plans FAR more thoroughly... #disgusted #appalled
Wow. Just wow.
I guess it's time to move on to other vtts. Paizo connect was one of thw few reasons i stayed on Roll20.
So, prices are going up.  That new sheet better work...
Glad to hear Pathfinder is getting more attention! It's been poorly supported compared to another VTT platform.... However they also offer a price reduction for folks who buy pdfs via Paizo.  I await your new pricing system! I hope its competitive with Foundry's.
Really disappointed to hear about Paizo Connect being retired. It's rubbish to have to buy the same content twice or even three times to be able to use it in multiple formats (Roll20, PDF, physical). Knowing that I can get the PDF too has been the reason I've made several of my Roll20 purchases. I had my sights set on the new Return of the Runelords content for when I finish my current campaign, but I might not be so tempted if I can't have the PDFs for reference outside the Roll20 platform, which are much easier for prep.
1710841580
Jacob R.
Pro
Translator
Will we see more PF1 content? I would really like more APs and bestiaries.
Hi all, thanks for your great questions. Answers below: Andrew B. said: Really disappointed to hear about Paizo Connect being retired. It's rubbish to have to buy the same content twice or even three times to be able to use it in multiple formats (Roll20, PDF, physical). Knowing that I can get the PDF too has been the reason I've made several of my Roll20 purchases. I had my sights set on the new Return of the Runelords content for when I finish my current campaign, but I might not be so tempted if I can't have the PDFs for reference outside the Roll20 platform, which are much easier for prep. Hi Andrew, I feel your pain. Because each product is developed separately for different platforms, this is often the unfortunate reality of a split market. PDF/VTT/Print bundles are very much in our mind though, and it is something we've been moving towards more on DTRPG. It's even recently begun to seed into Pathfinder Infinite, and we're excited for more of this future:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.pathfinderinfinite.com/product/437952/Boosted-Bestiary--Roll20-BUNDLE" rel="nofollow">https://www.pathfinderinfinite.com/product/437952/Boosted-Bestiary--Roll20-BUNDLE</a> &nbsp;. Regarding Paizo Connect, our goal is to ensure you have the flexibility to purchase either just the VTT content or the PDF, at the most accessible price points. Errol L. said: Two questions: 1. You are retiring Paizo Connect which means no more discounts on Roll20 for owned Paizo products or access to pdfs on Paizo.com for owned Roll20 content.&nbsp; And in exchange we get the promise of permanent VTT price reduction on Roll20, is that correct? 2. I currently have a pre-order for Pathfinder 2nd Edition Monster Core.&nbsp; It is processed and finalized for shipment and downloadable from Paizo.&nbsp; But it is listed as a pre-order item on Roll20 and I have no idea if I will get access to it through Paizo Connect BEFORE the March 25th cutoff date.&nbsp; Can you confirm whether I will be able to redeem it in time or not? Thanks for the questions, Errol! 1. Yes, that is correct. VTT price reductions, alongside even greater investments in the system. 2. The PF Core product line is not connected to the Paizo API. This is what allowed us to provide the upgrade path for all 2e owners to automatically unlock PF Core for free. Each PF Core VTT product has stated: " Note: Purchase does not include a PDF via Paizo API".&nbsp; Tom said: will the new sheet be ready to go this month fully? Hi Tom! I can understand your concern. The new sheet is in continuous development, and you can access it any time through Roll20 Characters. You can see the team's complete roadmap for sheet and builder here:&nbsp; <a href="https://blog.roll20.net/posts/pathfinder-2e-character-sheet-builder-and-roadmap/" rel="nofollow">https://blog.roll20.net/posts/pathfinder-2e-character-sheet-builder-and-roadmap/</a> Ediwir said: So, prices are going up.&nbsp; That new sheet better work... The trade-off here is that prices are actually going down for the vast majority of PF players on Roll20. I understand for folks who utilized Paizo Connect that some prices could be slightly higher without the discount, depending on the updated pricing on each individual product. Overall though, we'll be offering even more Paizo offerings at more accessible price points, with even more Paizo products coming down the pipeline. Jacob R. said: Will we see more PF1 content? I would really like more APs and bestiaries. Hi Jacob, great question. While most of our conversion investments will be aimed at the current editions, we still see a lot of demand for PF1 and have plans to revisit further. I'm not ready to publicly commit to any promises on that front, but it's something we're looking at closely.
Minor updates made to original post for clarity, based on questions.
Dean said: Andrew B. said: Really disappointed to hear about Paizo Connect being retired. It's rubbish to have to buy the same content twice or even three times to be able to use it in multiple formats (Roll20, PDF, physical). Knowing that I can get the PDF too has been the reason I've made several of my Roll20 purchases. I had my sights set on the new Return of the Runelords content for when I finish my current campaign, but I might not be so tempted if I can't have the PDFs for reference outside the Roll20 platform, which are much easier for prep. Hi Andrew, I feel your pain. Because each product is developed separately for different platforms, this is often the unfortunate reality of a split market. PDF/VTT/Print bundles are very much in our mind though, and it is something we've been moving towards more on DTRPG. It's even recently begun to seed into Pathfinder Infinite, and we're excited for more of this future:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.pathfinderinfinite.com/product/437952/Boosted-Bestiary--Roll20-BUNDLE" rel="nofollow">https://www.pathfinderinfinite.com/product/437952/Boosted-Bestiary--Roll20-BUNDLE</a> &nbsp;. Regarding Paizo Connect, our goal is to ensure you have the flexibility to purchase either just the VTT content or the PDF, at the most accessible price points. Thanks for the reply, Dean. Glad to hear that bundles are still on the cards and will keep an eye on how that turns out and what price points it hits.
Andrew B. said: Really disappointed to hear about Paizo Connect being retired. It's rubbish to have to buy the same content twice or even three times to be able to use it in multiple formats (Roll20, PDF, physical). Knowing that I can get the PDF too has been the reason I've made several of my Roll20 purchases. I had my sights set on the new Return of the Runelords content for when I finish my current campaign, but I might not be so tempted if I can't have the PDFs for reference outside the Roll20 platform, which are much easier for prep. Same here. Paizo Connect is definitely the only reason I was still purchasing Paizo products on Roll20 rather than other distributers like Paizo's own website.
If this means more support for Paizo products overall, that's great. Something I'd definitely appreciate is additional transparency - or even guidance - around what the new pricing will look like. As someone who benefits from Paizo Connect, is it best for to purchase before March 25th items on my wish list like the Rise of the Runelords AP, or 2e books that I already own through Paizo like Secrets of Magic, or even if there might be some special discounts/bundles when your new model launches. I'd hate to make some purchases now taking advantage of Paizo Connect then discover they're available at a greater discount 2 weeks later. Thanks!
Jim R. said: If this means more support for Paizo products overall, that's great. Something I'd definitely appreciate is additional transparency - or even guidance - around what the new pricing will look like. As someone who benefits from Paizo Connect, is it best for to purchase before March 25th items on my wish list like the Rise of the Runelords AP, or 2e books that I already own through Paizo like Secrets of Magic, or even if there might be some special discounts/bundles when your new model launches. I'd hate to make some purchases now taking advantage of Paizo Connect then discover they're available at a greater discount 2 weeks later. Thanks! While some pricing is still being tweaked, in general, I'm expecting around 20-40% savings across a wide selection of titles. While it's hard to give specific advice, for the APs, with the way they're set up and priced across stores, I think you'd likely benefit a lil more from purchasing the AP with Connect if you already own them on Paizo.com.&nbsp;&nbsp; For anyone who doesn't own the APs on Paizo.com, I'd say it's worth waiting. A title like secrets of magic is hard to say, as it's full priced on Roll20 currently, and might not be a huge difference one way or another. We do have a 14 day return policy however, so if you purchase a product on Roll20 with the Connect discount and feel like you were put in an unfair disadvantage after the price changes, just reach out to support and we can settle you up :)&nbsp;
Dean said: While some pricing is still being tweaked, in general, I'm expecting around 20-40% savings across a wide selection of titles. While it's hard to give specific advice, for the APs, with the way they're set up and priced across stores, I think you'd likely benefit a lil more from purchasing the AP with Connect if you already own them on Paizo.com.&nbsp;&nbsp; For anyone who doesn't own the APs on Paizo.com, I'd say it's worth waiting. A title like secrets of magic is hard to say, as it's full priced on Roll20 currently, and might not be a huge difference one way or another. We do have a 14 day return policy however, so if you purchase a product on Roll20 with the Connect discount and feel like you were put in an unfair disadvantage after the price changes, just reach out to support and we can settle you up :)&nbsp; Thank you Dean. I appreciate it's difficult to provide specifics. But this gives me enough info to make some informed decisions!
One last question. When I look at APs/Adventures that I own on Paizo.com, the Paizo Connect discount shows up when I go to the purchase page. However for the rulebooks I have digital content for (i.e. APG, Bestiary 3)m the discount doesn't show up. Some of those I acquired through Humble Bundle. Should I be seeing a Paizo Connect discount? Thanks!
I'm very much looking forward to seeing more Paizo products. Are you able to confirm if we'll be seeing Strange Aeons at some point.
Jim R. said: One last question. When I look at APs/Adventures that I own on Paizo.com, the Paizo Connect discount shows up when I go to the purchase page. However for the rulebooks I have digital content for (i.e. APG, Bestiary 3)m the discount doesn't show up. Some of those I acquired through Humble Bundle. Should I be seeing a Paizo Connect discount? Thanks! Hi Jim, thanks for the question. Certain products, such as those acquired through Humble Bundle, or the new Pathfinder Core line of titles, were exempt from Paizo Connect at the time of purchase, as the discount applied only to the VTT conversion.
Hi all! The price changes, along with new discount bundles, are live! You can see all the information in our new blog post, here:&nbsp;<a href="https://blog.roll20.net/posts/pathfinder-on-roll20-new-bundles-new-prices-new-character-sheet/" rel="nofollow">https://blog.roll20.net/posts/pathfinder-on-roll20-new-bundles-new-prices-new-character-sheet/</a>
I just came across this thread this morning. I have been on this platform since 2012 and was extremely disappointed with how Return of the Runelords was handled in 2018. My group was just beginning to start Return of the Runelords this April. Now I find out that my price for purchasing the pre-prepped adventure has more than doubled overnight is extremely upsetting. (I own all the pdfs through the paizo connect) Why was this not sent out via email?&nbsp; I already had purchased the first book of this AP so the "bundle" now contains a duplicate item and cost going from 49.95 to 89.96. It makes me unsure about my continued support of Roll20 in the future, as this decision appears rushed out and not taking "a few players" into account.
Anna W. said: I just came across this thread this morning. I have been on this platform since 2012 and was extremely disappointed with how Return of the Runelords was handled in 2018. My group was just beginning to start Return of the Runelords this April. Now I find out that my price for purchasing the pre-prepped adventure has more than doubled overnight is extremely upsetting. (I own all the pdfs through the paizo connect) Why was this not sent out via email?&nbsp; I already had purchased the first book of this AP so the "bundle" now contains a duplicate item and cost going from 49.95 to 89.96. It makes me unsure about my continued support of Roll20 in the future, as this decision appears rushed out and not taking "a few players" into account. Hi Anna. I'm sorry to hear about that. With the dynamic bundle, you will not need to purchase the first one again, it will be credited against the complete bundle. If you're having any issue with that, please let support know and they'll help get you taken care of. We did email notify customers who have purchased any Paizo content from Roll20 in the past year+, to help make sure folks were aware. I know this situation is frustrating for those who relied on the API, and I hope that our across the board price changes and feature investments can start to make up for that. If there's any ways I can help specifically, please let me know.&nbsp;
Still a wait and see as I already have 99.9% of what Roll20 chose to put up. Fall 2024 for the Remastered sheet.... Nothing on new products still.... Remastered day 1 Errata still up in the air....... Starfinder 2nd Ed Playtest no info...... Starfinder 2nd Ed official no info......... Starfinder 1 or 2nd Playtest or otherwise is still in the wind...... TONS of info we need to know here Roll20 ASAP!!! Tom
So I hate to say this but I am considering leaving Roll20 as a platform and loose more than 400dls in products due to this decision. it was made poorly and with greed in mind, currently the price to get an adventure within roll20 is too steep. Foundry allows me to purchase their version of an Adventure, free updates to all the rulesets and the PDF included with the price.. Foundry has real drag and drop and great support for the ruleset which roll20 is nowhere close to be. Foundry is a lot more connected with the PF2e community even the "Beginner's box day" happens within their platform.. Roll20 is nowhere to be seen for these type of things. The "Support" roll20 provides is not good, the drag and drop options available are basically a disaster and we have been promised to get fixes since the 1st character sheet and now with the 2nd one becoming a reality I do not see these people making any of their promises a reality. I am no Millionaire and loosing 400dls is a lot for someone from Latin America. But the business decisions made are terrible and are not helping our community as a whole. Worst part is that this post will probably go unheard by anyone meaningful within the roll20 team. SAD!
Battousai_CR said: Foundry is a lot more connected with the PF2e community even the "Beginner's box day" happens within their platform.. Roll20 is nowhere to be seen for these type of things.&nbsp; Uh... many people are running Beginner Box events on Roll20.