Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sage can't be found

i'm sorting out my compendium and when i try to access "sage" from Candlekeep (5e) i get an error message and page not found
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Knightly Games! Are you accessing the page in or out of game? I.e. in the VTT compendium or the web compendium? In the former case, it might be resolved by switching to the old compendium. THe beta still has a lot of quirks. Also, check your game settings and make sure Candlekeep is greenlit. If it's the web interface, make sure that you have purchased Candlekeep personally, and your access is not based on sharing it with another game owner, who might have changed sharing permissions. If everything points to the fact that you should have access, your best course of action is to file a  Help Center Request  and get a team member to investigate. There's little more that community help can do. (FWIW, I can get to the Sage page from the link you posted.)

Edited 1710889109
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Knightly Games,  I tested sage in both new and old compendium in the game and was able to find it in both.  Note: I assume you mean the "sage" monster/npc found in Candlekeep Mysteries? If this is continuing for you please confirm that Candlekeep Mysteries' Compendium is enabled for your game as Keith indicated.
the web compendium i learnt after making this post i don't own candlekeep, so that would explain why i got page not found, but its odd, as it allowed me access to every other monster from that book, including the ones unique to that book other than the sage. i have noticed some books when i try to access them without owning it would send me to the store page, where as others (like candlekeep) would let me access some of the files, due to my former statment it is obvious why i believed i should have access to the sage.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Which creatures were being granted that shouldn't have been? Knightly Games said: the web compendium i learnt after making this post i don't own candlekeep, so that would explain why i got page not found, but its odd, as it allowed me access to every other monster from that book, including the ones unique to that book other than the sage. i have noticed some books when i try to access them without owning it would send me to the store page, where as others (like candlekeep) would let me access some of the files, due to my former statment it is obvious why i believed i should have access to the sage.
Animated Broom Animated Chained Library Arrant Quill Bak Mei Canopic Golem Chwinga Cloud Giant Ghost Constructed Commoner Corrupted Avatar of Lurue Gingwatzim Grippli Warrior Immortal Lotus Monk Jade Tigress Kiddywidget Lichen Lich Master Sage Meenlock Miirym Naiad Nintra Siotta Shemshime Skitterwidget Steel Crane Storm Giant Skeleton Swarm of Animated Books Wereraven

Edited 1711042972
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are you a player in a game which has Candlekeep Mysteries enabled? That would explain your access to Candlekeep compendium entries in the web compendium.  I tested my dummy account and it was able to access Canopic Golem (and others) only when in a game which was shared with my primary account. When I kicked my dummy account from that game it lost that access.  
no that is from the web compendium not in a game, and i am only a dm games #foreverdm

Edited 1711057065
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, I know it is from the web compendium.  When you are in a game where the game owner is sharing a compendium resource you gain access to that compendium resource via the web compendium, not just in the game.  Perhaps you are a guest DM in someone's game? Joined a game as a way to troubleshoot someone's problem? Etc? 
im not a guest DM in any games

Edited 1711082373
Gauss
Forum Champion
Well, in that case my suggestion is to file a report with the Devs via the Help Center . They will be able to take a look at your account.