Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fighter abilities not showing

This was something i just noticed yesterday on a player who is a champion fighter. The improved critical note on character sheet vanishes at level 10 when additional Fighting style seems to over write it superior critical at level 15 will then show up.  Also several of the additional fighting styles dont show up, its sort of hit and miss but i have seen defense and dueling as additional fighting styles not appearing on the sheet but additional fighting style is showing just not which one was chosen and what it actually is.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Death Master,  Which character sheet are you using? If you don't know please provide a screenshot.  What is happening when the sheet is being overwritten?
Gauss said: Hi Death Master,  Which character sheet are you using? If you don't know please provide a screenshot.  What is happening when the sheet is being overwritten? OK standard roll20  5e sheet Basically make a champion fighter to level 9, at level 10 improved critical vanishes and in its place the additional fighting style appears Champion Fighter Traits at level 9  shown above looks normal At level 10 improved critical is gone but extra fighting style is on there Now here is the kicker same character but at level 10 I went defense instead of archery and here is how it looks As you can see fighting style defense is not on there and neither is improved critical. Oh and when you go to print them as pdfs they are not on their either

Edited 1710963670
Gauss
Forum Champion
There are 7 D&D 5e character sheets, none of them are named "Standard". But based on your screenshots you are using the "D&D 5e by Roll20" character sheet.  What are you doing when the fighting style vanishes?

Edited 1710964279
Gauss said: There are 7 D&D 5e character sheets, none of them are named "Standard". But based on your screenshots you are using the "D&D 5e by Roll20" character sheet.  What are you doing when the fighting style vanishes? Yes the 5e sheet by roll 20 the one that i figure is default to use Level up is just straightforward using the charactermancer and leveling up as per usual, i have done level by levelas it was in a campaign that it happened, even jumping after making level 1 and on first level up going up to 9 it shows up, i tried it in a brand new game with a brand new character and it did the same. I just tried it if you make a level 1 then increase level to level 10, well improved critical will show up but as i said if you are doing a campaign or go level by level after 9 it vanishes.
Gauss
Forum Champion
So the problem is leveling via the Charactermancer? What happens when you level without using the Charactermancer?
Gauss said: So the problem is leveling via the Charactermancer? What happens when you level without using the Charactermancer? I can add it in manually but i thought the whole point of the Charactermancer was to do all the leveling up work for you thats why its there.  If you dont go level for level and just go level 1 then on the first level up advance to 10 it works ok.

Edited 1710965969
Gauss
Forum Champion
I was able to confirm that this is happening via the Charactermancer (the above questions were to establish how it was happening, whether it was via the Charactermancer or via some other mechanism). My suggestion is to level it to 10, then manually correct any errors it has. You can drag and drop them from the Compendium onto the character sheet. You may need to make alterations to your attacks to correct them.  You may also want to file a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center as the bug report forum is primarily for users helping users. With that said, I don't expect any bug fixes for the D&D 5e by Roll20 character sheet (except for game breaking bugs) as the Devs are currently working on the next iteration of the D&D character sheet. Still, I would file the report in case they do decide to do some bug fixes on the old sheet.