Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Simple question: Can I set it so my players can use the +character button and be able to open it themselves?

Edited 1711641564
As in title. My players see the +character button in the journal, but the character sheet doesn't show up on their end. What do I need to do to make it so they can see and edit that character sheet without me having to manually enable it?  I know they could build a character outside the game, but I've got a lot of books and I want them to take full advantage. Any help is appreciated :)

Edited 1711644548
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Red Archon,  When a player presses the +Character button they should be able to see and immediately edit that character. It appears in the VTT on top of the tabletop, ready for them to name. When they hit save it then appears in the Journal tab.  If it is not appearing on the tabletop then there may be an issue to resolve. As for creating characters outside the game, there is a process for them to access the compendium that way.  In Roll20 Characters (the "outside the game") have them create a character. Do not yet have them run the Charactermancer. Send it to the game. Now, in Roll20 Characters they can run the character through the Charactermancer. Or do the same in the game. 
Red Archon, If your players cannot see the [+character] button, then you need to enable it in the game settings.  Outside the game, click on the 'Game Settings' and near the top you will see the toggle to allow the players to create their own character (it activates the button for them).