Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fog & Mist (Animated) from the free presets / objects slows down everything

It turnes out that Maps with the animated Fog and Mist are really awesome but they slow down movement of player tokens, sounds, communication, like everything. Everything starts to stutter, thinking too hard, like the animated fog and mist require 100% of cpu. Is this a known issue or do we need have certain powerful machines in order to use them? best, Normen
Gauss
Forum Champion
IIRC (don't quote me) this is one of the things that the Jumpgate update will be addressing. 
I see Jumpgate will enhance animated assets but what about animated maps?? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
GM Scott said: I see Jumpgate will enhance animated assets but what about animated maps??  Hi GM Scott! Can you describe the difference between animated assets and animated maps, other than the size and layer they typically go on?