Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Shaped, Can't seem to use it through Custom Sheet.

Hi there, I'll start this by saying that I have no experience in coding at all, apologies for the stupid question in advanced. I tried following the steps bellow, but found that it doesnt work anymore. Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Seems like copying the html only copies the raw code, which means I could not properly paste it in there. Is there any way to get through this problem? Thank you.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi shin,  You don't need to use a custom character sheet for 5e Shaped, you can select it from the dropdown menu.  Or are you trying to modify it to a custom state? 
Hi Gauss! Yes, I'm thinking of modifying it and changing a few things. Also I'm not sure, but the HP part of the sheet especially looks broken

Edited 1712038320
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Shin! I know you had PM'd me, but I'm responding here, to keep the conversation more coherent (for me), and to help anyone else who might be having a problem. I have created a brand new game, pasting the custom code in from the Github repo. I have attached a screenshot below; everything looks as expected. You said: Seems like copying the html only copies the raw code, which means I could not properly paste it in there. Is there any way to get through this problem? But I'm not sure what you mean here. If you open the html file in github by clicking the raw button, you will get the raw (text-only) code. That is what you copy and paste. There are only two lines, the html div, and the code block. The code is compressed, which includes stripping any carriage returns. If you can describe a little more about what is not working, that might help. Make sure you have darkmode turned off (Shaped was developed before DM), and that you are not creating the game under Jumpgate. Also, sticking to the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox and avoiding a tablet interface would be preferable. I would also suggest clicking the option to use legacy sanitization. It's an old sheet. A word of caution: you have said that you have no experience in coding. The Shaped sheet is one of the most complex sheets created for Roll20. It is not a great sheet for a novice to learn on. If you can describe what you are trying to change, some of the more experienced sheet creators may be able to point you in the right direction. It is certainly far beyond my skill set. In the screenshot below, I have dragged in an Axe Beak from the Monster Manual, and transmogrifed in a PC sheet from an older game in which I still used the Shaped Sheet. Everything looks as expected. Can you describe what you are seeing that looks wrong?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Another note about the raw HTML: It fills up many lines in the Github Raw page, because Github Raw displays with text wrap. It is actually two lines and should look like this when pasted into Roll20:
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
As Keith mentioned, the 5e shaped html has gone through minification (because it is probably a HUGE sheet...) You will probably need to try something like <a href="https://unminify.com/" rel="nofollow">https://unminify.com/</a> if you are planning on editing the code.&nbsp; You may need un-minify the html and sheetworkers (ie &lt;script&gt;) portions separately.&nbsp; Then paste them in.&nbsp; But, I would highly recommend using the roll20 custom sheet sandbox over a Custom game for editing.&nbsp; Also use Scott's Roll20 API and Sheet Autouploader extension with Chrome.&nbsp; Edit locally using vscode or similar, and see the edits update auto-magically in the sandbox game. General reminder; if you use the Custom game settings editor, do not rely on the Preview tab.&nbsp; Always check the sheet in the game. The preview tab is often not how the sheet actually renders, IME Cheers