Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to Edit characters

As said in the title, I have suddenly lost the ability to Edit characters. I am the GM and creator of the game, but when I hit the 'Edit' button on a character sheet, the sheet closes. This is only happening with sheets that already have art and a token attached, not to blank sheets. Any idea how to fix it? All the sheets have a bunch of macros I really don't want to have to make again.

Edited 1712606990
An additional wrinkle; if I make a new character sheet then attach a token or piece of art to it I become unable to edit it as well. An additional wrinkle 2, electric boogaloo: it is not specific to one game. It is happening in my other games as well. The fixes I have tried so far is clearing my browser's cache, closing every tab except roll20, and refreshing the table. No joy so far.
Have you tried: Exiting the game? Making sure you are logged in as GM and not 'Rejoin as Player'? Logging out of Roll20 and back in? Copying the game and seeing if it happens there?  Using a different browser? Logging in using a private browsing window/incognito mode? Clearing your cache? Does this happen to all character sheets, or specific ones?  It's possible the character sheets have become corrupted (especially if they are duplicates of each other) and/or the game file itself has some corruption.  Try clearing the Chat Archive to see if that fixes anything.
In order: Yes Yes Its happening with all my games, not just this one Yes Yes Yes All character sheets with a piece of art or token attached

Edited 1712607789
Having an identical issue to this as well. Used all browsers, reset all browsers, cleared caches, checked extensions, reset PC, used incognito. As far as i can tell it only happens to character sheets I've made previously, but any new ones I've made work fine. I've cleared the chat archive as well fwiw. Edit: Same issue as Valiant. The moment I add art, it breaks.
Same issue. Same troubleshooting. Same results. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This has been reported and devs are on the case .
Thumbs up to the folks on the case. We appreciate the work. 
Thanks for letting me know, Keith!

Edited 1712610522
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hey folks! I must have missed this one! We just put out a fix for this which should restore the functionality you all are mentioning here. You may want to refresh your browser and clear your cache if the issue is still persisting. EDIT: And thanks Keith for helping keep folks informed! :D
Functionality restored. Thanks.