Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I remove the automatic health regained after hitting the Long Rest button?

In the campaign I am running, we are using the Slow Natural Healing variant where characters don't restore health on a long rest. I want my players to regain spell slots and hit dice with the use of the Long Rest button, but so far I can't see anywhere that allows me to edit that function. I am using the 5e sheet by roll20 as well as the 5e OGL by Roll20 Companion API The work-around at the moment is to use the Short Rest button to prompt them to use hit dice to regain health, then jot down their health, and then hit the Long Rest button to regain some Hit Dice and their Spell Slots and then reduce their health to what it was. Any help is appreciated

Edited 1713041828
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Rich,  The Long Rest button on the character sheet is not part of the 5e OGL by Roll20 companion script. It is part of the Character Sheet itself.  The button's function cannot be changed in any way that I am aware of.  My suggestion, turn off those buttons and create an API Script to perform long and short rests.  Alternately, you can use a macro that calls the button but posts the health of the character right beforehand, then the player can manually reset the health as appropriate. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you are skilled at programming, there are at least three scripts that perform long and short rests in the API Repo. Any one of those could probably be altered to skip long rest healing.
I'd recommend just not using the Long Rest or Short Rest buttons. It's a new feature on the sheet and completely optional. Super easy to do things manually!