Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shadows of the Dragon Queen problem? Please help.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I'm new to Roll20.  I purchased the Players Handbook, shadows of the dragon queen and some other resources to use in my very first game (running as a DM).  I tried to create a character to explain to my players how the charactermancer works.  The first thing I did was select human as a race (I did notice other races from Fizbans guide to dragons and shadow of the dragon queen) and then I went to select my class, hoping to select a knight of solamnia for this test, but the only classes available were from the players handbook.  Do I, as the DM, have to share out the resources somehow?

Edited 1713736260
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Troy,  Looking through the Shadow of the Dragon Queen book I don't see a class option for Knight of Solamnia. However, it does have a Background called Knight of Solamnia . I don't see any classes in the Shadow of the Dragon Queen, but there is one subclass for Sorcerer called Lunar Sorcery .
You are totally right!!!  I feel so dumb.  Thank you for checking on this for me.

Edited 1714251959
I have a problem with Shadow of The Dragon Queen: The big 'poster map' of Ansalson is a really poor scan. zooming in on the map makes the towns and villages names unreadable and out of focus. This is really poor, considering I've paid for the book. It makes the game very difficult to run. I've no Idea who to raise this issue with.  I'm a pro user and have tried viewing the map in the normal VTT and the new Jumpgate Beta. Both have the same poor quality. I feel like demanding a refund as it's integral to the campaign that |I should be able to view the map properly. 

Edited 1714261140
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Mr. T,  I suggest filing a report with the Devs via the Help Center  to let them know that the map has a problem reading the smaller town names.  With that said, if you would like a refund make sure you do so within the 15 day timeframe as per Roll20's Refund Policy . Edit:  I initially saw the problem you were having, but waiting a bit caused it to come into focus. Roll20 has several different versions of each image, each version at a different image quality and sometimes Roll20 has problems with which version it should be using.  Zooming in and out, moving the map, waiting a bit for it to resolve, etc. can help.  To clarify, at maximum zoom I initially could not read the words either, but after waiting for it to finish loading it did resolve for me into crystal clear words.  One more note, the original version of that image is on the order of 65MB, so you might be seeing the 'poor quality' version until the large version is finished and resolves. 

Edited 1714298129
Hi. Thanks for the quick reply.  I've submitted a Dev request, as I really do want to keep the game and run it. It was probably an oversight by the team putting the book into digital format. I can't believe they left it like that deliberately.  Regarding the 15 day refund turnaround, I've had the Roll20 digital book since preorder, and although I created a game for my friend, to make an early character, I hadn't actually run anything yet from it or even looked through the pages as I was finishing off Ghosts Of Saltmarsh, then I took a DM break for a few months. So the 15 day policy is a little hard to swallow when the product was unusable from purchase.  Just my point of view, but if the Devs won't or can't increase the resolution then I will be seeking a refund for a defective product.  Thanks again for your help.  Phil
Gauss
Forum Champion
Mr. T said: Hi. Thanks for the quick reply.  I've submitted a Dev request, as I really do want to keep the game and run it. It was probably an oversight by the team putting the book into digital format. I can't believe they left it like that deliberately.  Regarding the 15 day refund turnaround, I've had the Roll20 digital book since preorder, and although I created a game for my friend, to make an early character, I hadn't actually run anything yet from it or even looked through the pages as I was finishing off Ghosts Of Saltmarsh, then I took a DM break for a few months. So the 15 day policy is a little hard to swallow when the product was unusable from purchase.  Just my point of view, but if the Devs won't or can't increase the resolution then I will be seeking a refund for a defective product.  Thanks again for your help.  Phil Perhaps it wasn't clear, the resolution is great on the image. I can read the tiniest names clearly.  However, it takes several minutes to resolve the image in its highest quality due to the file size of the image. 
Hi That hasn't worked for me, and my player friend has tried it to and his map is pixelated on the town and village names in the same way.  Sure, I can read the small ocean names and the small light blue entries, but the towns, cities are all unreadable. I tried taking a screen shot and adding it here but each time I do the forum states it no longer exists when I click submit post, which is weird.  perhaps there's a page setting I'm missing 
managed to get a pic uploaded. here's what my screen looks like

Edited 1714324782
Gauss
Forum Champion
How long are you on the page before you go to 250%?  How long before you took the screenshot?  Also, which browser are you using? 

Edited 1714325386
Gauss
Forum Champion
This is what I got from my game after a couple minutes of loading:  Edit: After a refresh I loaded the map and saw what you did after a few minutes, zooming in/out/in fixed the resolution.  It forces Roll20 to re-evaluate which of its several image versions it is using. 
Hi thanks for your help. I've sussed out what the problem is for me. It's Jumpgate Beta. The original game i created a while back does give sharp clarity of image after a couple of minutes. I must not have been testing it properly for long enough, (although I could have sworn that I did) and I'd never opened that map before I created a copy of the game into Jumpgate Beta I'd made a copy of that game into Jumpgate, when it became available this weekend, and the issues started then.  I've tried a few things to see if it improves, I've tried Using Mircosoft Internet instead of Chrome, and I've tried opening a fresh new game directly into Jumpgate Beta, but the image refuses to sharpen what ever I do.  I understand that Jumpgate Beta is experimental and things might not work properly, which i'm okay with.  I guess I'll have to keep the non JG-beta game for when I need that map, and play in JG-Beta the rest of the time, as i do like the additional token features I've seen.  Thanks for your input and help with my problem.  Take care  Phil
This is a screen shot of the none Jumpgate beta zoomed in map. I picked an area where the writing was smallest.  I'm happy now 

Edited 1714327951
Gauss
Forum Champion
Glad we got it figured out. :) Please report this to the Jumpgate thread so that the Devs can remedy the problem. 
Hi - I posted a thread in the Pro user forum, I couldn't see where else to post that would be relevant. 
The main jumpgate thread would be good place.    The Jumpgate Beta For Pro Users Has Arrived