Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stop video webcam from snapping

Ok I'm trying to arrange the webcam windows on my screen but sometimes they won't stay in place and they'll snap back to their old position. It's very annoying, is there anyway to stop the webcam windows of other video displays from snapping back and just stay put wherever I place them on screen?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Dungeon Master Ao! In my experience, this occurs when a user refreshes the game on their end. A simple reconnect shouldn't move them, though. Are you seeing single windows moving, or a re-set of the entire row?
keithcurtis said: Hi Dungeon Master Ao! In my experience, this occurs when a user refreshes the game on their end. A simple reconnect shouldn't move them, though. Are you seeing single windows moving, or a re-set of the entire row? What I'm experiencing is moving the webcam windows of the players around without them snapping back to a specific position on the screen.  For example, I'll have 7 of us in the room with webcams on; I have myself on the far left, and lined up after me going to the right is the other 6.  I'll reposition my players cams so that certain players are lined up in a certain order. Sometimes a webcam window will be in its starting position (for example, next to mine) and I'll want to move them down more to the right of the screen. After I adjust them, their window snaps right back to the original position.  It's very annoying and the only method I found to avoid this has been to move the webcam windows all the way to the bottom of the screen's edge.  I just want the windows to stop snapping back to where I moved them from entirely. A freeform placement. I just don't know how to "turn off" the windows from snapping entirely.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If they are doing it in mid-session, without being prompted by a user's refresh of the game, then that is unusual and incorrect behavior. I have not run into it or seen it reported. Testing using a different browser or private browsing window might help to eliminate some potential local causes.  My suggestion is to capture a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) and file a  Help Center Request . Be sure to include if you are on desktop or tablet, OS and browser (should be Chrome or Firefox for support).
keithcurtis said: If they are doing it in mid-session, without being prompted by a user's refresh of the game, then that is unusual and incorrect behavior. I have not run into it or seen it reported. Testing using a different browser or private browsing window might help to eliminate some potential local causes.  My suggestion is to capture a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) and file a  Help Center Request . Be sure to include if you are on desktop or tablet, OS and browser (should be Chrome or Firefox for support). Alright, I have a game to run tonight and I'll make attempts at it and if it happens, I'll be sure to send a log over.