Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem with roll20 and OBS browser source

Hello, i use OBS for years to stream my games, and more specifically the OBS browser source. Since yesterday, I cant login in browser source. I enter my credentials, and then i see another screen asking for my username and pass (i never see this screen in my life) I enter my credentials again and then nothing! Black screen I use it this way for 5 years now, and i try in different pc with different OS and different OBS versions, and the problem persist print-screens: the normal screen The new screen The black screen
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Tasos,  I would try clearing cookies and cache. See if that helps.  If it doesn't I would try disabling any extensions.  If none of that helps, I'd file a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center and see if they can help. 
Same thing here. im stuck on a chrome book and since the BIG DISCORD update ive been getting the exact same screen. I can log on running my chromebook on an Android OS but then i cant use the character sheets and journals and session ends sporatically.

Edited 1714178809
Gauss
Forum Champion
Squibly said: Same thing here. im stuck on a chrome book and since the BIG DISCORD update ive been getting the exact same screen. I can log on running my chromebook on an Android OS but then i cant use the character sheets and journals and session ends sporatically. Hi Squibly,  What big Discord update are you referencing? At this time Discord and Roll20 are unrelated. If you are referencing the upcoming Roll20 as an Activity in Discord that hasn't been released yet. 
Yeah, I'm following this post, too. Because the same thing is happening to me as well   
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gauss' advice above about filing a  Help Center Request  is the best route for this. The forums are mostly community level help. Be sure to capture a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) from the time of the issue.
Gold
Forum Champion
I don't know, but, for a stream-saving workaround, for now you could use OBS window-capture as the Source, to stream Roll20.
I am having the same issue here. I cannot use Window Capture because it's blurry and I only have a single monitor. I have had to cancel all my games till I fix this because I can't record. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited 1714500131
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have done some asking about, and this might have something to do with some recent 403 problems during login that can usually be fixed by deleting cache or cookies. This is pretty straightforward in the browser, but here is a link from OBS telling how to do it from within that environment. If it works for you, please post back so that others can see. <a href="https://obsproject.com/wiki/Clearing-OBS-Browser-Cookies" rel="nofollow">https://obsproject.com/wiki/Clearing-OBS-Browser-Cookies</a>
Gold
Forum Champion
I hope your problem is resolved and you can do the method that you want, but, why would Window Capture be blurry? It should look just-the-same as it looks in your browser window.&nbsp; Dazco said: I am having the same issue here. I cannot use Window Capture because it's blurry&nbsp;
For some reason when I record with Window Capture VS Browser source the quality is radically different. As you can see, the map with the green background is was captured with a Window capture, while the other was with a Browser source. The Browser source looks way sharper and has much more detail. The Window capture is blurry and at times really crunchy. Gold said: I hope your problem is resolved and you can do the method that you want, but, why would Window Capture be blurry? It should look just-the-same as it looks in your browser window.&nbsp; Dazco said: I am having the same issue here. I cannot use Window Capture because it's blurry&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hey Dazco! Are you capturing at 1:1 resolution, or resizing the portal? (sorry, haven't used OBS in years and have forgotten the terminology.) Also, did you try the cookie/cache removal suggestion from above?
keithcurtis said: Hey Dazco! Are you capturing at 1:1 resolution, or resizing the portal? (sorry, haven't used OBS in years and have forgotten the terminology.) Also, did you try the cookie/cache removal suggestion from above? Tried the cookie/cache thing. Didn't work. Here are my settings.
How does one get a browser log from the OBS Browser to report the bug?
Same issue here, does anyone found an answer to this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rick F. said: How does one get a browser log from the OBS Browser to report the bug? Maybe this? <a href="https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-get-console-log-in-browsersource.110221/" rel="nofollow">https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-get-console-log-in-browsersource.110221/</a>