Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fallout V&D Sheet Update looks strange

Skyeris
Pro
Sheet Author
The newest update to the sheet caused an issue with how it looks. This is how this page looks. This is how it's supposed to look. The recent update did not affect the CSS at all and everything was right on my end. Is their a fix for this?

Edited 1714226681
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
My guess; although there may not be any apparent changes to the CSS, there's "something" (probably roll20's default style) that appears to be overriding the styles.  I would start by using the browser's Dev tools and investigate/experiment in the styles window with the broken elements/styles to see what's actually overriding things.  Once you know the problem areas, you may need to make adjustments to the css to raise the sheet's specificity for those specific elements/styles.
The changes you're making to character sheets and your forums are making it impossible to see certain buttons, checkboxes, radio buttons etc... Here's what I see in High Contrast Black mode.
Check boxes for Tags, SPECIAL stats, weapons and health sections are invisible in High Contrast Black mode.
So what's happening? These things were visible, and then you made changes, and now they are no longer visible. If I remove high contrast, everything is visible, if I could handle looking at such a bright screen. I have very poor vision, and am extremely sensitive to bright lights and screens. Other than character sheets, the Page Toolbar, used to change from one map to another is invisible in black mode.
Shown in the above image, is where the Page Toolbar button should be. It's there, and if I pan around using the mouse, I can stumble on it. There should be a little white page button there. It was there a week ago, but then y'all changed something. What happened? Please begin to test your changes in "High Contrast Black" mode configurable in Windows. I attempted to put this information into one message, but an error popped up letting me know the page I was attempting to send the post to was not found. If I submit small screenshots with limited to no text, it works fine. Even still, I am unable to see the formatting buttons at the top of this post box.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@G-Wiz what browser/version are you using?
Chrome: Latest version.
Just tried it in Firefox, and it works there. For a while, things were broken in Firefox, so I switched to Chrome. Now Chrome isn't working, but Firefox is. Even in Firefox, the page labels for Prime, Combat and so on only show radio buttons for selections.
Ok, not going to double post. Things seem to work better in Firefox now. I guess I should switch back to Firefox. Should work for Chrome though. Here's Firefox for this page. As you can see, things look great here.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
G-Wiz said: Ok, not going to double post. Things seem to work better in Firefox now. I guess I should switch back to Firefox. Should work for Chrome though. Here's Firefox for this page. As you can see, things look great here. Agree that things "should" work the same in both FF and Chrome.  It's often good to post your browser/version (and OS) just helps authors and Roll20 Devs to better isolate issues.  Thanks
Still an issue, even in Firefox. White areas should be black with yellow letters...I think yellow.
Windows 10, Firefox 125.0.2 (64 Bit), Chrome  Version 124.0.6367.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox still has a long-term issue of blocking numbers with up/down arrows that are not necessary. This is not an issue in Chrome.
Opera functions flawlessly. 
Even the Roll20 post box shows what it's supposed to show.
So each browser functions differently based on the coding y'all are using. Not sure how your team will address this, but I'm letting all my players know immediately. Some of them use FF, Chrome etc., and Opera is the way to go. Thanks for taking a look at this for us.