Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [Honour & intrigue] [Weekly] Looking for players/gms for a long term group

Calling all adventurers or words to that effect… feel free to add your own TTRPG tropes in here. We are a party of 2 players with a few years of experience playing several systems. We have recently left a long-term group and we are looking for players to join a new group. We are aiming to create a new long-term group and need another 3 or 4 players. The current game is going to be using the ‘Honor & Intrigue’ system. The campaign will be RP focused with a strong emphasis on character personality and development.  We are hoping for a light-hearted campaign but would prefer players who will take things seriously and keep their characters ‘in character’. In the long-term we see this group as a ‘system hopping group’ where we can play and run campaigns in any TTRPG that we all want to try.  We have a GM for the first campaign in Honor & Intrigue but would like players who are willing to try new systems or even run your own campaign for the group. The campaign we start with is set in an approximation of the real world, during the golden age of piracy (1650-1680). It sees you fighting against Spain's efforts to cut down on piracy in the Caribbean. Magic is not featured in this setting, but there may be some sailors' tales that might have some truth to them after all... "The creaking wood of a ship's hull and the rhythmic splashing of the waves are no strange sounds to you all. They are the sounds of freedom, exploration, and whatever else compels you to sail the great oceans. But today they are the sounds that accompany your prison, the brig inside the Apresar, a Spanish frigate under captaincy of your captor, Antonio de Oquendo. Without hope of escape, the gallows seem all that lies ahead in your future. But when a new group of captured pirates joins you in the brig, those gallows don't seem so certain after all... Will you be able to reclaim your freedom? And what will you have to do to ensure you keep your freedom? Will evading the Spanish be your only worry, or will your past come to add to your worries?" The game will be at 12pm UK Time (currently UTC+1) every Saturday; the times may change by +/- 1hr depending on group preference and we expect sessions to run for about 4 or 5 hours. As players we are open to everyone and will not tolerate any form of discrimination. We are LGBTQ+ friendly and all players will be expected to share this view. The game will be run online using Roll20 VTT and all players will be required to join a voice chat using Discord. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you. We have put together a few simple questions below, which we would appreciate you answering as part of your application. Preferred Name(s) & Pronouns: Age Category (i.e. Minor, Young Adult, Middle Age, etc.): Playing / GM Experience: Favourite Systems: Opinions on Garlic Bread (Please keep your answer to 30,000 words or less): Fun Fact About Yourself (Optional):
Heeey this all sounds like a lot off fun and I would love to join in as a player if possible. The only thing is that I am not sure I can make it EVERY Saturday. I think realistically I can promise at least 2-3 Saturdays a month if that’s okay the you and the other player then I would love to join your campaign. Name: Mikkel (English Michael) age: 22 playing dnd 5e for 1,5 year only ever played dnd 5e but would love to try new system Garlic Bread fucking SLAPs. If you all hate garlic bread then don’t even talk to me write me  on discord if you would be willing to play with me :)  Nissen#9488
Hi! Thanks to anyone who applied here or DMed me abt this, we've got enough people now so I'm sorry to those who I didn't manage to get back to, I really hope you can all find a good group!
I would love to, but never played H&I and have no idea how to. good luck though