Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script for roleplay flavor?

Is there anyone who has a script handy that can be used to send a /me to the chat when you roll an attack on a weapon? For example, if I am playing my Ranger and he attacks with his Longbow, is there a way to automatically send "/me pulls an arrow from his quiver, nocks it, draws it aggressively, aims, and release in the direction of his target" when I hit the attack roll on my character sheet?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Dimination! It totally depends on the character sheet. Which sheet are you using?
Hello Keith! I was using the Roll20 sheet directly but then I discovered the Beyond20 plugin so I use my D&D Beyond sheet to roll in Roll20.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I do not use Beyond20, so I can't help here. Does Beyond20 have a Discord or help community?
Yes there is a way with Beyond20 to do this.  Click on your weapon and open up Customize on DNDBeyond.  In the Notes section put [[after]]/em pulls an arrow from his quiver, nocks it, draws it aggressively, aims, and release in the direction of his target[[/after]] See screen shots below.  (ignoring that I did this on a Dagger instead of his long bow, this character is a ranger after all)