Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Deleting items in art library by date?

DM Steve
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey Roll20 I'm a GM of 11 years - So my art library is full to the brim with old assets I don't need anymore. I need to be able to dump my entire art library from like... 2015 and previous I know about popping the art library out and deleting one by one or selecting all - If I select all, it will delete things I have just uploaded and I don't want that - I run about 11 campaigns and can't afford to delete EVERYTHING from my art library. So is there any functionality at all for deleting things by date? If not, will there be? The way the library is governed seems to be a glaring issue that needs to be addressed for old GMs because scrolling endlessly down the library for half an hour to get to assets I uploaded in 2014 and deleting them one by one (because selecting all will select items from 2024 also) is absolutely the most tedious and time consuming thing I've ever done on this website.

Edited 1716827096
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi DM Steve,  When you pop out the art library you don't need to select everything. You can select multiple images and thus delete a group of selected images at one time.  The art library is sorted by date, so scroll down to the date you want to delete things for and start deleting everything after that.  As for adding by date functionality, I suggest making a post in the Suggestions forum . 
DM Steve
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Yeah I can delete a group ... By selecting them one at a time lol There's YEARS of double uploads, maps, tokens, out of date art - tens of thousands of files :( To even scroll down to 2015 takes around half an hour itself
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yup, I can understand that. I've been using Roll20 since a couple weeks after it came online (Sep 2012). I just wanted to make sure you knew what was currently available.