Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Font Sizes on Handouts

Edited 1718667521
Tara
Pro
I recently purchased the Descent into Avernus module for Rll20, and I'm really impressed with the organization of everything, and want to carry on with that organization style for other campaigns I do that might not have a pre-set module to purchase. One thing I noticed though is that the handouts in the module have quote text that is the same size as the regular text, but I don't seem to have a way to replicate that (other than copying and pasting, which isn't convenient if I'm working on a completely separate module). Normally when you do quote text, it makes the font bigger. Is there a way to manually recreate the quote style with normal font size in the purchased module without copying and pasting?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The text editor has a quirk with the quote text. With your cursor at the end of the quote text, type return, backspace, return. That should force the HTML to resolve properly and re-size the text back to normal size. It's funny, this glitch has been there for years and years, but I've only seen it reported twice, both in the last week. :D
keithcurtis said: The text editor has a quirk with the quote text. With your cursor at the end of the quote text, type return, backspace, return. That should force the HTML to resolve properly and re-size the text back to normal size. It's funny, this glitch has been there for years and years, but I've only seen it reported twice, both in the last week. :D Oh neat! I just tested this and it worked. Thanks!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The WYSIWYG editor is not the best at trying to figure out what you actually want, and many handouts that come as part of modules compound the problem by having secret inline styles (likely as a result of copy/pasting) that you have no access to from the interface, except to remove them entirely with Clear Formatting (Ctrl+\). In this case, the most likely cause of the difference you're seeing is how the site renders <blockquote>Foo bar</blockquote> and <blockquote><p>Foo bar</p></blockquote> differently. If you create a quoted section and start typing, you'll get the former, and when you hit enter it'll transform into the latter. It is possible to get more accurate control over the underlying HTML in a handout. If you open your browser's dev tools and change the HTML in a handout you're editing, the changes you make directly to the HTML will be reflected in the edit window. If you then make any changes to the text within  the edit window (not the dev tools) and then save the handout, those edits made via dev tools can be saved.

Edited 1718742327
Tara
Pro
Lithl said: The WYSIWYG editor is not the best at trying to figure out what you actually want, and many handouts that come as part of modules compound the problem by having secret inline styles (likely as a result of copy/pasting) that you have no access to from the interface, except to remove them entirely with Clear Formatting (Ctrl+\). In this case, the most likely cause of the difference you're seeing is how the site renders <blockquote>Foo bar</blockquote> and <blockquote><p>Foo bar</p></blockquote> differently. If you create a quoted section and start typing, you'll get the former, and when you hit enter it'll transform into the latter. It is possible to get more accurate control over the underlying HTML in a handout. If you open your browser's dev tools and change the HTML in a handout you're editing, the changes you make directly to the HTML will be reflected in the edit window. If you then make any changes to the text within  the edit window (not the dev tools) and then save the handout, those edits made via dev tools can be saved. oh, cool, how do i get access to dev tools? are you referring to the browser's dev tools or something like stylus? or is it something within roll20 itself?
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Right click some text you want to edit and select "Inspect" from the bottom of the context menu. It should take you to the text in question.