Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Darkness and Devil's Sight in Dynamic Lighting

Greetings, from the posts i have seen about this topic, the Spell Darkness is a challenge for many when using Dynamic Lighting. I have the same Problem with my Group and additionally a Player that has Devil's Sight an can see through magical Darkness. Is there a way to create a Sphere and give only 1 Character Sight over the Area in that Sphere while everybody else cant see inside it and has his vision removed while being inside the Sphere?(except disabling the vision of a token manually everytime they walk into the Area markes as Darkness) Is there a solution? Thank you in advance
I had a similar situation for a character in my game with a Gem of Seeing, which gives Truesight. I made a second token with vision, just a little eyeball image, and gave the Truesight player ownership of it. In cases where the character needed to see past some obstacle, I would just place the eyeball token on the far side of the obstacle. Not especially elegant but it worked. I may have limited the field of vision on it to prevent the player from being able to see around corners.