Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e OGL Companion API - Spell Slot Tracking vs Warlocks - solution?

I hate roll20 search functionality but didn't seem to find an answer. Assuming there is no solution - is it possible to turn off spell slot tracking for 1 individual and not a global turn off? the !spelltracking on/off/player/quiet doesnt have an option to disable for 1 person. Was hoping to do !spelltracking character Name off
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Novercalis,  Could you detail the problem with Spell Slot Tracking for Warlocks?
Level 1 Spell = Identify - cant be upcast and when not using it as a ritual, doesn't remove a spell slot from lvl 2 since warlock are different.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Those are easily fixed within the spell itself.  There are several possible fixes I use for Warlock spells.  1) Upcasting spells that don't upcast already: Add a "." to the Higher Level section of the text.  Alternately, if it is an "attack" spell (uses the attack field), add 0 to the number of dice and 0 to the dice bonus.  2) Ritual Spells: I duplicate spells into Ritual and non-Ritual versions. Then I make the following modifications:  Non-ritual: I checkmark the Ritual box, then uncheck it. This removes the "R".  Ritual: I checkmark the Ritual box. This makes it so that the spell slot tracking does not track it.  I then change the casting time to represent Ritual casting time. Bonus note: For spells that are 1/day etc. putting text into the Innate section of the spell will prevent spell slot tracking for that spell.  3) If I am feeling particularly ambitious I update all spells to the higher level. I re-write damage etc for the upcast version. Thus I don't get the query when casting.