Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Run an ad campaign of some sort to attract new users

I think we can ALL agree that the amount of games and players has dropped significantly. So i propose that the site run an ad campaign on YT as well as some sponsorships with Content Creators like The Dungeon Dudes, YourNarrator, Silvervale and various other creators that have expressed interest in TTRPGs.

Edited 1720586832
While advertising might help, the quality of games and players on Roll20 has significantly declined. Many games in the LFG section are just fronts for massive Discord communities, erotic scenarios, or paid games. This has led to a drop in the overall quality of players. Those who were serious about their games have either found stable groups or moved to other platforms like Foundry. I've been using Roll20 since 2012, and back then, it was easy to find great players and enjoyable games, even through public LFG sections. Now, finding players who can read beyond the first paragraph of rules is rare. Many don't even know what game they're joining, assuming it's 5e despite it being posted as something else. Trolls have become a bigger issue, with incidents of people spamming offensive language in chat. Offensive games in the LFG section link to Discords filled with racist and anti-LGBT commentary. These massive Discord communities have killed the sense of community on Roll20. The forums are restrictive, and paid games dominate, ruining the experience for many. I've had players join my games assuming they need to pay, which is embarrassing. Overall, the community just isn't as solid as it used to be.
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .