Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Data theft and drying up of the card used for my account

This morning, about two or three hours after the email from Roll20 informing of the data theft, the card with which I pay for the subscription monthly was drained. It was used in Johannesburg, South Africa (I am Italian and live in Italy), for purchase in a supermarket. While I block all cards and change passwords, and contact the lawyer for legal action, I would like to know if there are others who have suffered similar problems.

Edited 1720013377
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hi Vladimir, I’m very sorry to hear that happened to you. We are certain no personal information was accessed beyond what was stated in our announcement thread . Further, all sensitive information, such as complete payment information, is fully encrypted on our end, to ensure that even should a worst case security incident ever occur, your most vulnerable information would still be safe. I'll keep an eye on this thread regardless, and please let me know if there's any further ways we can help. 
I will try to understand with the card issuing institution what happened, and I will keep you updated if it helps you.
Thanks, Vladimir. If there's further ways we can help, or anything you'd like to update us on, please send in a support ticket so we can give you personalized care.&nbsp; <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/requests/new</a> I'm closing this thread, after leaving it open for 48 hours, since no other responses have come in and we haven't seen this experience echoed anywhere else. If anyone has any unique questions or complications, feel free to open a new thread or submit a support ticket.&nbsp; Best of luck on getting that situation resolved &lt;3