Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Hover to see token name and bars

When the tokens are close together or just north of an opaque wall, the nameplates disappear. It would be nice if hovering your mouse over a token would reveal the nameplate and stat bars.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Or just have nameplates appear above the FoW layer =P
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If the nameplate appears above the FoW layer, wouldn't that tell the players where the token is at (including monsters)?
Yes, and actually that would get tricky because tokens might be only partially visible, and you don't want nameplates just appearing when they mouse over the dark area. OK, unless somebody has a good idea there, I retract the second part of my request ("opaque wall"), but the first part is definitely still valid. My players had a close melee last night where there were lots of people in adjacent squares, and you just can't see anybody's nameplates or stat bars. Aaron
+1
Just so long as there is an option to turn the mouse hover off. That sort of thing could strain lower end systems.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mandella said: Just so long as there is an option to turn the mouse hover off. That sort of thing could strain lower end systems. Uh... what? No it can't. I can see the argument for a toggle from an aesthetics point of view, but any system incapable of rendering an on-hover nameplate on a Canvas is going to be incapable of pretty much anything , including the VTT itself.
Brian said: Mandella said: Just so long as there is an option to turn the mouse hover off. That sort of thing could strain lower end systems. Uh... what? No it can't. I can see the argument for a toggle from an aesthetics point of view, but any system incapable of rendering an on-hover nameplate on a Canvas is going to be incapable of pretty much anything , including the VTT itself. I was thinking of general mouse hover causing popups. If you sweep the mouse rapidly across a full table you might get some odd effects. Then again, you could just use a delay to avoid that, so I guess my complaint is pretty much not an issue. Unqualified +1 then!
+1