Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Free map assets replaced with Google image search results, why?

Hey everyone, i've been using R20 for years, i tend to use marketplace purchases in combination with free assets to make some nice custom maps for my campaigns and today i've encountered the odd issue where anything i try to search for, instead of bringing up actual assets i can use from the r20 database, is instead bringing up random images from what appears to be googles search engine, when i type "stairs" i get a stock photo of an actual set of stairs, not a maptile or anything i can use, i'd like to think there's some daft setting i can switch off, but i have no idea where after having a little look around, and there appears to be no mention in the forums, i'll admit i havent been the most vigilante in my efforts of searching,  so if i've repeated an already resolved issue then take my sincere apologies, thanks for your time,
Issue has been resolved, Thanks once again,
having this same issue now, did it resolve itself or did you have to do something?

Edited 1720727642
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Folks,  Could you supply screenshots of your art library results, the search term you are using, and the marketplace link to the product?  That way I can try to replicate what you are seeing. There was a recent change in the Art Library to switch the dropdown menu from defaulting to Tokens to defaulting to Everything.  That may have caused some hiccups. 
Just found the selector to change from everything to tokens, not particularly sure that it's a useful change as it means ill have to toggle that everytime I open the game to search for something, but thanks for the assistance.  For anyone in the next 2-3 months searching for this issue, just look for the toggle in the top right & click tokens for old results.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The default of "tokens" was causing more problems than it solved. People unaware of the selector were having trouble finding maps for instance. With the default of "everything", it does return more than you need, but not less than you are looking for, if you see what I mean.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yorrik said: Just found the selector to change from everything to tokens, not particularly sure that it's a useful change as it means ill have to toggle that everytime I open the game to search for something, but thanks for the assistance.  For anyone in the next 2-3 months searching for this issue, just look for the toggle in the top right & click tokens for old results. Were you not able to find what you wanted? Or was it providing more results than you expected? I could still use the search criteria you were using. 
Can we please get an option to set this automatically on Tokens in the Game Settings?