Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copying image from a handout to the page

Hello, What is the way to move the image from a handout, and have it appear as an image on the current layer of the page I am working in.  I'm very surprised there wouldn't be a way to do that.  But I can't seem to make it work.  Drag and drop doesn't seem to do the trick.

Edited 1721096054
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi degroove,  I would hazard a guess that the reason there isn't a way to do that is because the assumption has always been that you have the images to drag and drop from your art library.  However, if this is a purchased module (thus don't have images in your art library) and you want to do that then my suggestion is to save the image and re-upload it.  You can do this by doing the following:  Open the handout Click the image Right click on the image and save From there you can upload it normally. 
Thanks.  I figured out a hack.  You can drag and drop to the chrome bar into a new tab, and then drag and drop from there onto the board.  Not great.  But ok. Library is fine, but I can't have the notes on characters, locations, etc. from it.  That's my issue. Thanks for the reply!

Edited 1721097051
Gauss
Forum Champion
degroove said: Thanks.  I figured out a hack.  You can drag and drop to the chrome bar into a new tab, and then drag and drop from there onto the board.  Not great.  But ok. Library is fine, but I can't have the notes on characters, locations, etc. from it.  That's my issue. Thanks for the reply! Dragging and dropping to a new tab and then back to the board is basically the same thing, you are uploading the image. Check your art library, the image is probably there now.  The art library is for storing images, from there you drop them onto the map where you can make notes on it etc.