Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to insert an image into the text area of a handout?

So I'm making some handouts for 5E magic items.  There are 3 manuals and 3 tomes that will increase an ability score by 2.  In the compendium all but the Manual of Gainful Exercise have images that will copy into the body of a handout if you highlight the text and image and copy and paste it into the handout (see 1st image).  So I set to work and created an image for the Manual of Gainful Exercise.  However, I can not figure out how to have it formatted the same way as the other handouts.  If I use the default way of including an image, the image appears above the text (see 2nd image).  I've tried pasting the image into the text box with the description and it shows up (but the text isn't wrapping), but when I hit Save Changes it goes away.  Does anyone have any tricks for embedding an image with the text in the same format that copying from the compendium provides?

Edited 1721316264
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ryan85202! The Compendium pages have an html editor option, which broadens the options for placing images. I don't know if this trick from the  Tips n Tricks  thread still works, but it might be worth exploring; Aligning Images in Handouts  - keithcurtis ( More info  by Noon)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also not that if you are in a game created by a Pro user (one that supports scripts) Stephen S's Markdown script offers a world of formatting opportunities: [Script] Markdown Handouts and Bios | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop
Thanks Keith!  I'll play around with that.