Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I remove these buttons?

At the top of the picture I always have an Imitative button, and as of my last script now a Wildshape button.  Even when I click on an asset with no connected anything and even on the Map layer. Is there a way to remove these buttons? Oh and yes, I would like to keep them in the Macro Bar at the bottom of the screen.
It sounds like these are Collections Macros with the Token Action box checked. (If not, then please include a screenshot.) Collections Macros with the 'Show as Token Action?' box checked will show up when any token is selected.
If I unselect 'Show as Token Action', but have a player entered in 'Visible to Players', will the macro still show for that player?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yes, but if they want it to display on their own macro bar (the one at the bottom), they will have to click that button themselves. That is a per-user setting.
Erik said: If I unselect 'Show as Token Action', but have a player entered in 'Visible to Players', will the macro still show for that player? The macro will appear in their Collections Tab, but they will not be able to open the macro and change it (so they won’t be able to check the Show as Token Action checkbox for just themselves). But they will be able to check the ‘In Macrobar’ checkbox from the Collections Tab. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are certain elements of the Roll20 display that we aren't allowed to alter using roll20. This is one of them. Anything to do with the uswer interface is off-limits. Now, you can modify these things with more general browser tools, but they will only modify them for you not the other players, and you'll need to use different techniques - this forum isn't the great place for advice on that.

Edited 1721920406
If you want a macro to show up as a token action only for a specific token, instead of having the macro in the collections tab, place it in the attributes & abilities tab of the character sheet linked to that token instead, as an ability. If you then set that ability to be a token action, it'll only show when that token is selected. If you select to show that ability in macro bar, that setting is per user, and shows up in the macro bar of the player checking that box, and only if they have edit & control rights to that character (so if you remove their access to the character, they cannot keep using abilities from that sheet via the macro bar).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Alternatively, lets use the example of the Wildshape button. Let's say the macro is a collections macro called "WIldshape". Make it available to all players but turn off "show as token action" and "in bar". Any player who wants to use it as a token action can create an ability on their sheet, named whatever they want. The contents of the ability are "#Wildshape". Have them select the option to show that Ability as a token action. Now they have their own unique token action that shows only for their character. You can even do this all for them if you reel that would be easier.. The advantage of this method is that if you ever need to edit the macro, or the script needs to make changes to it or reference it, it is in a central location and only needs to be edited once. The various characters that use it as a token action are only calling on that central code, so they never need to be updated.
Thank you for all the suggestions! Though them I found what I was trying to do.