Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D5E] Lost Permission to Edit certain Character Sheets?

Hello. I have created a number of characters for testing purposes and experimentation, some not apart of any games. I had wanted to clone one of the sheets I prepared for simplicity sake, however when I had gone to do this, I got an error. Further, when I tried to access this character sheet, I got this page error: "You do not have permission to view this character. Contact your Game Master for help." with the link " <a href="https://app.roll20.net/characters/error/NotFound" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/characters/error/NotFound</a> ". I am not certain why this is happening, what can I do, if anything, to remedy this? This is happening to both 2014 and 2024 sheets, it seems a little random which ones it happens to Edit - I seem to be able to clone some of the sheets and can access those clones, which is *good*, but still an odd issue
Ran into this issue on Saturday.&nbsp; I ran a one shot since a few people from my group couldn't make it, I let them use their existing characters.&nbsp; One person came in late, and was having trouble importing their character.&nbsp; So to make it quicker I exported his character that he made, and imported to the one shot. When I went to give him control of the character I couldn't, it gave me the same error (can only think maybe cause he was the original owner?) Like you, I made a copy of the character.&nbsp; Even with the copy it kept defaulting to the original.&nbsp; I had to delete the original I imported before I could change the copy, but after it worked.&nbsp; Was a 2014 game, using jumpgate.
Hey gang, sorry to hear about this! If you could make a ticket with our help desk with links to the affected characters, it'd be a great help for us to diagnose the problem. If you can open up your inspector (f12 on the keyboard) and include screenshots of any errors that come up in the console tab when you try to access the character, that would also be phenomenal for us. Thanks in advance!