Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help Modifying a sheet of roll for shoes. (Almost finished ! But ... I'm stuck)

Edited 1729403989
Hello, I've come to ask for some help, because I've been modifying a sheet for a few days now to adapt it to some changes I've made in the roll for shoe system.  The majority of the changes I have made are functional and effective !  But I'm stuck on 2 elements:  1 - (The more important one) the rolltemplate stopped working. But only the CSS part! By doing several tests and deleting several pieces of code from the CSS I ended up reducing the problem to everything contained in : "Section { ... }" part of the CSS (line 10 to 91). For a moment I was sure the problem was from the line 39 to 58... But after a double check this track has disappeared. It's a large part. But everytime I let this part in the CSS the rolltemplate styling his not showed in the chat. (But the roll and results are perfectly executed !)  2 - I have a lot of trouble getting the text input to take all the space it needs. So I created a grid in 2 rows. 1rf and 2rf. But the text field is determined to stay that way! It doesn't matter what I do. Do you have a solution ? And it's look like the number input too ... But it's do not feel like a problem to me if the number input his keep like that. (I speak about the first line, the text area "Description" his well placed !) Here his a link to the css and html of the modified version of the sheet. It's a work in progress. But I'm stuck on this part from so long ago that I come here asking some help !  Link My modifications have seriously distorted the structure of the basic code and I'm sorry about that. I've been working with css and html for some time now. But I still have a lot of trouble adhering to the practices imposed by roll20 and there's a good chance that my problems can be solved by ‘Small modifications’ or ‘Beginner's oversights’. I apologise for this.  I commit myself to posting the final result here with clear explanations of the modifications made. So that it is also useful to other people who sometimes have the same craze of wanting to ‘Take a sheet and customize it a little too much. 

Edited 1729446622
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
See if this page helps: <a href="https://cybersphere.me/roll20/" rel="nofollow">https://cybersphere.me/roll20/</a> For your second point, it sounds like this is a specificity issue. Try putting .ui-dialog .charsheet at the start of your CSS declarations. For your first point, I wouldn't know where to start from the description, but you can try changing rolls to a default roltemplate and see if it starts working. If it does, you know its something in the rolltemplate code that is causing an issue; if it doesn't, you know the issue is somewhere else.

Edited 1729454495
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
For the rolltemplate not working, there are several likely causes, all due to the css sanitizer that is applied to the sheet css when it is loaded for the roll template: you are using the new nested css format. The css sanitizer is very strict and I'd anticipate that it would have issues with this format on line 53, you are using an emoji or other special character. These frequently trick the sanitizer into seeing a security threat (high byte order characters) Also, on that element, you are using the dicefontd20 font family, which doesn't have anything for that character, so I'm not sure what you're trying to do there. If you use my sheet code autouploader browser extension and the Roll20 sheet sandbox, the extension will give you a warning about issue 2 which may help you pin point it.
Then it's was painful but the link to cybersphere and the extension helped a lot. From the beginning it was a lot of problem with { and ( formated weirdly. And the console didnt warned about missing { and ( .&nbsp; I fixed my issue 1 by going full rampage. Getting the "rolltemplate" to his original form and executed each change step by step until I got the missing ({ !&nbsp; And for issue 2 ... I do not really know why, the grid didnt really wanted to work, probably cause the sheet was fully coded in flexbox. And I tried to sneak some grid inside it... And it's didnt really liked it. This ended by avoiding using grid template. I founded some good tutorial about flexbox online and now it's work °^°)/&nbsp; Thank you for your help.&nbsp;