Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

help with different macros

1. 1d20 vs target number called on the sheet like 1d20 target number strength 2. exploding damage already know die explode with 1d6! but the die can only explode once 3. would like instead of above when a damage result come in chat i can press the damage in the chat and it rolls the die used in that roll again without adding the bonus. 4. 1d20 target number etc 20- a stat on the sheet etc 1d20 vs target number 20-dex bonus 5 1d20 attack roll show crit on both 19 and 20
1. [[1d20>@{selected|strength}]] 2. [[1d6!!]] 3. This is very game and character sheet specific and cannot be answered without knowing what game you are playing and what character sheet you are using. It will either require a custom character sheet or a Mod script.  4. Isn’t this the same as #1?  5. [[1d20cs>19]]
It is a custom character sheet
It would just make it easy because then I would not need so many macros because some weapons explode on highest some on lowest
Something like this? roll &{template:default} {{name= Damage roll }} {{[ ](`
 [[1d[[?{die size|6}]]]]%{@{character_id}|explode}"title>[[1d?{die size|6}+?{modifier|0}]]</title) }} explode &{template:default} {{name= exploded die }} {{[ ](`
 [[1d[[$[[0]]]]]]%{@{character_id}|explode}"title>$[[1]]</title)}} It's fairly complex, but you can substitute queries with attribute calls and it should work with whatever you plug in to it.
And if you want a version that totals up the results too, while showing critical highlights for 1 and max roll, here you go: roll &{template:default} {{name= Damage roll }} [[[[1d?{die size|6}+?{modifier|0}]]]] {{Total damage:=[ ](`
 [[ [[1d[[?{die size|6}]]+$[[1]]]] ]] %{@{character_id}|explode}"title>$[[0]]</title) }} explode &{template:default} {{name= exploded die }} {{Total damage=[ ](`
 [[ [[1d[[$[[0]]]]+$[[2]]]] ]]%{@{character_id}|explode}"title>$[[1]]</title)}}
thanks a lot for help i need one more macro a damage dice that both explode once on the highest and the lowest result etc 1d6!! but also explode on a 1 or reroll 1 and add it 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
C1 said: thanks a lot for help i need one more macro a damage dice that both explode once on the highest and the lowest result etc 1d6!! but also explode on a 1 or reroll 1 and add it You can't have a dice roll that explodes at both ends with a standard macro. You'll need the API fort that.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
GiGs said: C1 said: thanks a lot for help i need one more macro a damage dice that both explode once on the highest and the lowest result etc 1d6!! but also explode on a 1 or reroll 1 and add it You can't have a dice roll that explodes at both ends with a standard macro. You'll need the API fort that. My RolemasterD100 script can explode high or low (or both). It's setup to roll a single die of given size (even a die of unusual size, as are found in the fire swamp), but it could be updated to include some number of that size of dice (each capable of exploding).
GiGs said: C1 said: thanks a lot for help i need one more macro a damage dice that both explode once on the highest and the lowest result etc 1d6!! but also explode on a 1 or reroll 1 and add it You can't have a dice roll that explodes at both ends with a standard macro. You'll need the API fort that. You can, if you stretch "exploding" to mean rolling the die again and adding to the total., even if it takes multiple clicks. The second macro I posted above does just that, manually explodable dice rolls with highlights for ones and max rolls, and I could make a macro easily enough that only offers the manual explosion on either 1 or max roll.  

Edited 1729823926
I figured out a better way to do this, actually - first, set up table: "1-or-6", containing items 1 and 6, then all you need is this inline roll: [[[[floor(1d3!!/3)]]t[1-or-6]+1d4+1]] You'll, of course, need to set up a separate table for every different die size you might use, and adjust the numbers accordingly. EDIT: To elaborate, this macro first rolls a d6 until it rolls 2, 3, 4 or 5 (simulated with a d3 roll), then checks the number of the higher rolls by dividing the result by 3, rounding down, then rolls that many times on the table containing 1 and 6 - and finally adding a roll that is *not* 1 or 6. EDIT2: Corrected the odds, duh, with a d6, you have one in three chances of rolling 1 or 6.