Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Measuring Text Size (Needs to Scale?)

The measuring text when using the measuring tool needs to scale better on zoom if we can. In modern/future RPGs like Deathwatch where guns have 200m range its impossible to measure accurately. If you zoom in you can see it fine but have very small measuring capability as seen below: But zoom out and use the same tool and you can't see anything: Sure would be nice if this scaled up in size with zoom level.
Gold
Forum Champion
+1 It has been Suggested before. Devs know about this issue. I have this issue on my larger maps.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
+1 Oldie but Goldie? =D
+1 on my space campaign, ships fights are slowed cause of this
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I think the original post about this was about a year or so ago so it is something that is definitely known. If it is kept on their radar with people asking about it, it will be looked at and worked (hopefully).
I'm one of those who like big maps, and I constantly run up against this issue. So +1 from me.
Even if they didn't scale the size, another possible solution is to have another output that is of constant size next to the tool itself on the toolbar on the left. Somewhat like how there is the slider for zoom, and the zoom tool.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Jake M. said: Even if they didn't scale the size, another possible solution is to have another output that is of constant size next to the tool itself on the toolbar on the left. Somewhat like how there is the slider for zoom, and the zoom tool. Or like there is a box for selecting the font and color with the text tool.