Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Music/Sound effect Queued by map change/shown handout - Music Search

Edited 1412237534
"Roll for initiative!" A quick and easy transition for players - a logistical nightmare for DM's. We have to switch maps (but before we switch maps go there and make sure everything is hidden/fog of war/lighting in case i forgot to check ahead of time), make sure all the tokens are on the right level, roll for initiative for all the mobs, scroll through the music list to find that perfect battle music etc. Or " The door behind you slams shut and suddenly you hear this... " "...Crap where did i put that sound effect, give me a sec guys." If we could streamline a little bit of this by: A. Adding an option for a preselected sound/music to play when you switch the maps. B. Adding an option for preselected music to play when you display a handout. C. Adding a search option for our personal music library NEW D. Adding the ability to assign a song/sound effect as a token macro (ie a door token can have a button that plays a eerie creaking, a dragon token can have the dragon roar button, etc) Thanks!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
+1
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I would love to have a shortcut music button. Put your sound clip in your list and checkmark it to show up in the macro bar or even better yet. Allow it to be linked to a token. How cool would it be if someone made a goblin or an orc warcry and you could click on a token button called "sound" and everyone gets to hear it.
great ideas as well!
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
+1
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I like the idea of certain sound/music tied to a map or handout. Maybe an "add sound" option in the map or handout settings with the option to "play automatically", pause\play button along with a loop toggle.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Vince said: I like the idea of certain sound/music tied to a map or handout. Maybe an "add sound" option in the map or handout settings with the option to "play automatically", pause\play button along with a loop toggle. If the ability to macro button the sound then the API could be used to make it play at specific locations on certain events. Could you imagine the character opens or moves a door and the sound effect of it opening is heard or one of the tokens move through a square and a trap token appears with the sound of it being sprung. That would be cool.
absolutely Pat - another great idea.
Original post updated with thread suggestions
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
How about a chat command to play a particular track, which you could put in a macro (or token macro).
Yeah that would probbly be the most sensible.