Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Simple idea. In game Vote button.

I think this would be a excellent addition to the system, allowing the players to call a vote on a matter.
Gold
Forum Champion
A good suggestion! For now you could use another browser tab & open an external website that offers free polls on the web. For example one could try <a href="http://www.polljunkie.com" rel="nofollow">www.polljunkie.com</a>
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Logan S. said: I think this would be a excellent addition to the system, allowing the players to call a vote on a matter. You mean like a poll vote? That would be interesting.

Edited 1412456654
What kind of voting system are you referring to here? I could see the use if you are seeking to have private votes -viewable by certain players or, perhaps GM-only, but otherwise, I would suggest simply asking the players or looking for alternatives, such as the group voting option in facebook or using Gold's suggestion. I can't imagine that too many votes would need to take place each session, and when it comes to making group decisions, I often find groups debating for aeons about what decision they want to make and coming up with a solution.

Edited 1412459437
Gold
Forum Champion
I've thought of another 2 methods you could use in game, (1) GM uses the drawing tool to draw 2 boxes. Type YES on one box, NO on the other box. Players use the drawing tool to make a mark (using their own color) on the box that they are voting. Or, Players move your token to the box that you vote for. Or (2), GM announces "Type 1 or Yes to vote yes, Type 2 or No to vote No". Everyone types their answer in the chat. GM adds up the result.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
In my group I just posted an open discussion about changing systems and listed a selection. This gave everyone a chance to state which system they would like to change to and why.
Use cards for ingame voting on yeah/nay topics. If anyone says yeah play a card face up, nay play a card face down, abstain by not playing a card.