Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Request: enhanced card deck fibrosis

I really love the new card decks feature, and would like to adapt it to support various card games. Unfortunately, either a few required features are missing, or they just haven't been documented in the wiki. These basic additions would really expand my ability to use roll20 as a virtual card game desktop. 1. Piles - As far as I can tell, there is no inherent support for creating card piles on the desktop. I would love the ability to create card piles pulling random cards from several of my imported decks to create a new group of cards that my players can interact with on the tabletop. For example, I would like the ability to create piles on the table on the fly, and the functionality to shuffle those piles. 2. Permanent deck transfers - I love the ability to steal cards that is already implemented. I would like to see an expansion of this feature that allows me to transfer cards between decks permanently, rather than just for the play session. This will be useful for card based RPGs in which characters grow by expanding their deck. You could implement a system in which the card could either be transferred (removed from original deck and no longer available in it) or copied (still available in original) 3. Finally, I would like to see the ability to shuffle discard piles and pull from them randomly. I believe that these three features would really expand what the addition of decks brought to the table! (Pun)
If anyone could design APIs to perform these functions, I would upgrade the mentor right away. Thanks!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Christopher L. said: If anyone could design APIs to perform these functions, I would upgrade the mentor right away. Thanks! Unfortunately, the API does not seem to have been updated for the cards update to match with the UI features.