Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Adding a Whisper too, Dropdown menu

When we play we use the whisper function a lot. Most of the time for Intrigue sort of stuff that is happening behind closed doors away from other players. sometimes this can lead to lengthy whisper conversations. We have branched out to using skype because we had issues where people would forget to type the whisper command during conversations and their hidden actions would spill out into chat. My group were talking about it and we think that a good solution would be to add a "Whisper to" drop down box, similar to the "post as" drop down box, would be an awesome addition. default it would be set to global, and then it would just populate the list with the other player names. Select and it fill the command for you. Does anyone else use the whisper function a lot and have this issue?
Gauss
Forum Champion
I'm a bit confused. How would a dropdown menu help people remember to use the whisper command? It seems to me that they would just forget to use the dropdown menu.
I probably wasnt as clear as I thought. But I figure it would work much like the current system for post as. Once you select something other than the default it sticks to that setting until you change it or log off(which would revert it to default)