Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Implement a Mobile Character Sheet Viewer

Implement an application which works on mobile devices (iOS and Android to start) which allows you to view just your Character Sheet (not the full game). This would also allow you to use any roll buttons that are present on the sheet to perform rolls in the game. This would be great for an in-person gaming group where the players have access to tablets, or even players who want to use their tablet as a "second screen" while playing Roll20 on their computer, leaving their main screen uncluttered for the map, video chat, etc.

Edited 1412648372
This, a million times.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Could this include the ability to print? That seems to be an oft-requested feature...
I just tried Sunday night to use my Ipad as a second screen to just run the main baddies character sheet, but it was sluggish. This would be an awesome help to a DM.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
G V. said: Could this include the ability to print? That seems to be an oft-requested feature... Yes. Vote on the Suggestion forum here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242365/#post-1242365" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242365/#post-1242365</a>
Would this just be for tablets? Or would phones also be supported?
Josiah B. said: Would this just be for tablets? Or would phones also be supported? It would probably just be tablets to start. Or I should say, it might work on phones, but it will be designed with tablet-sized screens in mind. Phone screens are getting so big these days I'm not sure there's as much of a bright line as there used to be.
Great idea
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Riley D. said: Josiah B. said: Would this just be for tablets? Or would phones also be supported? It would probably just be tablets to start. Or I should say, it might work on phones, but it will be designed with tablet-sized screens in mind. Phone screens are getting so big these days I'm not sure there's as much of a bright line as there used to be. Bah, those aren't phones. Those are small tablets with a telephone app! =P /curmudgeon
This is one of teh best things I have ever heard in my life!
Being able to have the character sheets somewhere externally, be it a mobile app or simply a second tab/window as in this thread , is a must have for my group and myself :)
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Awesome!
+1
I think this would also really help our group. We have found accessing the character sheets on laptops while we are playing really slows down the action by about a minute to two minutes per person. It also takes up significant screen space so that once you've finally gotten the character sheet loaded to look through your options you can no longer see most of the map. Providing the ability to access our character sheets from our tablets would free up screen space and hopefully help with the annoying issues regarding latency and opening, closing, reopening character sheets throughout the night.
JOHN J. said: I think this would also really help our group. We have found accessing the character sheets on laptops while we are playing really slows down the action by about a minute to two minutes per person. It also takes up significant screen space so that once you've finally gotten the character sheet loaded to look through your options you can no longer see most of the map. Providing the ability to access our character sheets from our tablets would free up screen space and hopefully help with the annoying issues regarding latency and opening, closing, reopening character sheets throughout the night. In addition to this, we have "popout" sheets available on Dev, which makes it much easier to open your sheet once, then just switch back and forth between the sheet and your main window without needing to close it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think I might need to by me , my wife a new tablet for X-mas...
Sounds great for players, and potentially for DMs too. How do you envision a DM would be able to take full advantage of this feature?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds great for players, and potentially for DMs too. How do you envision a DM would be able to take full advantage of this feature? Depending on how this pans out, as a GM I would open up character sheets of the NPC's/Monsters for an encounter, allowing my main screen to focus on the map and chat. Not sure how drag/drop would work between devices...?
This would be extremely useful, especially for those who play on smaller screens but need to frequently reference character sheets.
It might be nice if the tablet interface just had a couple tabs; one for the character sheet (or multiple if a players is running several characters - rare, but happens) and one for the map with very minimal controls. I would suggest that the typical layout be landscape with the chat log along the right side (say 20% or 25% of horizontal) and that it would auto-hide chat if the tablet is turned to portrait.
Our iPad and Android apps are now out for everyone!