Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Batch Edit Token Properties

Score + 30
I often want to set the same properties on multiple tokens. It would be really nice if I could just box-select them and edit them all together. +1 if you can enter a name like "goblin" and get "goblin 1", "goblin 2", etc. automatically.
Just fix one token up how you want it and copy/paste it with Control+C/Control+V. It is pretty quick and should do what you are wanting.
Yes, I've done that in the past, but it doesn't work for things like applying icons to multiple tokens (e.g., somebody casts an area-effect spell and I want to put an icon on everybody affected). That method also requires that you get the first token completely right before you copy it, and if you think of something else you want to change after the fact (e.g., light ranges) you're screwed.
It would be pretty nice to be able to subtract hp from everyone hit by an area effect spell, or add for channel energy at the same time.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you have the API, or want to upgrade to it, I have a couple of scripts that will do most of these things for you: TokenMod -- Change just about any setting on tokens, supports batches via selection or specified ids (with options for players to do the same) TokenNameNumber -- Automatically incrementing number in token names.
I think it's kind of lazy to expect us to download a seperate script rather than implementing a feature: +1 to the original idea.
Gold
Forum Champion
It may be less than ideal, but it's certainly not lazy, Alexei. The Aaron volunteered to write the codes for those free scripts that can do something Roll20 hasn't developed yet as a built-in feature.
Honestly I’ve found many suggestions like this one dating back years.  It’s not an uncommon request.  And it’s not unreasonable.  At this point I do exactly what Michael suggested, but I’m guessing like Aaron I set up a few campaigns and places my enemy tokens.  My players blew through the level like it was a piece of cake.  So I had to go back to my original prefab tokens re-edit every one of 50+ tokens and re-copy/paste them.  Took me hours.  Any feature that can decrease the amount of time it takes to set up a map has my support.
Trikery said: Honestly I’ve found many suggestions like this one dating back years.  It’s not an uncommon request.  And it’s not unreasonable.  At this point I do exactly what Michael suggested, but I’m guessing like Aaron I set up a few campaigns and places my enemy tokens.  My players blew through the level like it was a piece of cake.  So I had to go back to my original prefab tokens re-edit every one of 50+ tokens and re-copy/paste them.  Took me hours.  Any feature that can decrease the amount of time it takes to set up a map has my support. Yes please. I'd like to be able to batch set token settings as well. When there are 20 tokens of different critters on a map it takes a lot of time to set them all. Specifically... double-click to open settings, change bar one player permissions, change bar one text overlay, change bar 2 player permissions, change bar 2 text overlay, repeat, repeat, repeat, etc. Wishing I could select them all on the map and do it just once. It's a lotta' work being a GM. ;-)
100% this. Specifically in my scenario, I want to be able to update bar 1 player permissions for an entire map, like all the time. Best option is Copy-paste, but that still means adjusting each new token because I'm replacing all the old ones. Very time-consuming.