Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

More control for GM about player allowances,(Disabling text writing, drawing, altering the size of auras, size of token, Locking tokens)

I have players that seem to just want to screw around and I'll be in the middle of typing out a description for them and they'll just start drawing all over the map or writing things which then become a chore for me to deal with. Not only that but then they go into their character's settings and mess with them so that they have huge auras or change their colors to match other people. Also they'll be in the middle of combat and just keep moving when its not their turn and I'll have to keep moving their token back or completely disable their control over it. or if the group encounters a trap they'll just move their token off of it. I seriously need to have more control over what my players can and cannot do. It not only drives me and other well behaved players nuts but it disrupts the game, disrupts me, and makes things take longer. And please please please DO NOT MAKE THIS A MENTOR ONLY TOOL. I can affor to occasionally buy things from the market but I cannot afford a mentor membership or subscription.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This seems very very similar to: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1241923/allow-mo" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1241923/allow-mo</a>... You might want to lend your support to that one and post your suggestion as a comment on that one. You can then un-vote your suggestion and it will disappear.
actually I'm more the opposite, I want to restrict players control of these things not give them more control of it. My players tend to use these abilities to disrupt the game and screw around. I want the opposite of what they want.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Right, I was thinking more along the lines of both topics deal with increasing the control that the GM has over the capabilities of the players. I was thinking you might be able to work with that topic's author to come up with a list of things that would be great to turn on and off, some of which are things the players can already do, some of which are things they can't: Allow Players to add tokens Allow Players to draw lines Allow Players to set Lighting Allow Players to set Auras Allow Players to /emas etc
Hmmm okay I suppose you're right then.
+1 - it would be great if it was on each page to allow or disallow player features like drawing ...
Another +1 (possible thread necro but it seems like this has been requested consistently for at least five years with no movement on it by Roll20 and I thought i'd add to the most recent one rather than start ANOTHER). It seems like such a trivially simple enhancement to allow us to turn on/off access to the draw tools that the resistance to doing so is difficult to understand. It doesn't take it away from people who like having it, it just provides a greater degree of customisation and another tool for a GM to control the play space.
DarthMike said: +1 - it would be great if it was on each page to allow or disallow player features like drawing ... +1 yeah that sounds cool.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .