Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Master GM Sheet

Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
I would love to have a master sheet that I can create (like a character sheet that only I can see as a GM) that would have everyone who is playing stats and all the enemy encounter information. The purpose of the sheet is to track things from a group level. Especially when the combat gets large. Having this master sheet can be customized like you do with character sheets so you can build them specific to your campaign or game system.
Having the ability to create a GM Sheet would be great. Some systems can really benefit from fillable forms to help the GM quickly generate information behind the scenes.
Possibility at character sheet NPC for MJ ? that's you say? A good idea!
You can already kind of do that, by making a character sheet that isn't in anybody's journal or has edit access to it. GMs get to see all sheets and handouts, so this pretty much does what you want.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
What you can't do is automate it so that it shows HP, AC, etc as it changes on the various NPCs and PCs. All you can put are hyperlinks, pictures and text on sheets and handouts. You also can't do any macros.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Well - you can't do macros on handouts. Right now - I have to pull up over 10 character sheets just to do one battle.

Edited 1426096777
So you basically want one sheet that handles all your monsters and their vitals? That sounds kind of equivalent to having a take-with-you Monsters Manual. I highly approve of that. This sounds exceptionally useful for people playing DnD since the manual for the monsters there is so huuuuuuuge... Basically you'd have a master monster book, where you can store the monsters, and they have a little description page along with their vitals and stats listed in a simple interface, and all you have to do is drag the enemy image onto the board and it'll load up your monster. It sounds really fun for GMs. Pulling up 10 sheets for one battle makes me wonder what kind of battles you're putting your poor players through! anyway.. it'll be to a point where you can just fling NPCs onto the map where necessary.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
James V. said: So you basically want one sheet that handles all your monsters and their vitals? That sounds kind of equivalent to having a take-with-you Monsters Manual. I highly approve of that. This sounds exceptionally useful for people playing DnD since the manual for the monsters there is so huuuuuuuge... Basically you'd have a master monster book, where you can store the monsters, and they have a little description page along with their vitals and stats listed in a simple interface, and all you have to do is drag the enemy image onto the board and it'll load up your monster. It sounds really fun for GMs. Pulling up 10 sheets for one battle makes me wonder what kind of battles you're putting your poor players through! anyway.. it'll be to a point where you can just fling NPCs onto the map where necessary. Exactly!!! I pull up the NPC ally sheets and sometimes I have individual monsters versus minions (And I may have been exaggerating a little bit :)).
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
What would also be great is to have the Master GM sheet list by encounters and even encounter descriptions. Then when you select the encounter that you want your players to participate in - it could populate the enemies on the map as you had set up or at least only show the monsters on the Master GM Sheet that you will be facing (kind of like using folders now).
I highly support this functionality. My spin: Each page should have a dynamic "Encounter" sheet which automatically includes all tokens on the board. Tokens in the GM layer are only visible to GM, and anything on the token layer is visible to all, etc... Layout would resemble a spreadsheet format with all the pertinents like HP, AC, etc... The token name should directly link to the full character sheet. Just some thoughts off the top of my head, but I'd love to see this idea get fleshed out more. Anyone able to mock up a basic design?
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Completely agree Andrew - Love that concept. Let me put some thoughts together and list a basic design. Initial Ideas (please exchange the term "character" with monster, enemy, etc.) 1. The Encounter Form will be listed under the Journal Tab 2. When you create an Encounter - it will show a listing of all "characters". Once you choose the "character" - the appropriate token is shown A. You can have the same "character" multiple times - so that you can have minion like enemies show up. (aka Orc or Goblin, etc.) 3. When all the "characters" are chosen and all other options are complete the GM can then press a button and all tokens will be placed on the current selected map where they can sort them. They will AUTOMATICALLY be on the GM layer so that you can be moved around even if players are on the same page. It would be great if you can pre-choose the location and save that somehow in the encounter form. 4. Choose the Map the encounter belongs to 5. Be able to add a description of the Encounter 6. Be able to code the encounters to have distinct encounter numbers. 7. Able to insert Macros (like a A&A page) 8. Combat Form Page Combat Form Page (poppable - so as to put on 2nd screen) Combat Form Page would list all monsters and Player's 3 colored circle stats as well as possibly 2 other key stats that you want listed. It would show initiative order and would like to the initiative tracker. When a monster is defeated you can click a box next to the monster or character and a Red X is automatically displayed on the token. It would also be cool to track conditions and how long the condition will last and be able to put the required icon on the character and count down automatically (or on the Initiative tracker). Let me know what other ideas or thoughts on this are....
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Here is my first stab at it...
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
It would also be great if this was available on the companion app!!
That is awsome looking the @black Falcon I would love to get that for campaigns it would help reduce all the taps i have for when encounters happen for the PC's
I agree with the need for GMs sheets for multiple systems and a lot of reasons already spoken. Have you guys seen this topic ? It's for multiples sheets on the same game. One of them could easily be the GM sheet for encounters of that pesky all important awareness hidden check for all players.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah - that is a possibility but the issue is that we are gathering data from MULTIPLE resources (character sheets) and not creating just another character sheet template. It would be great if we could just create our own but I also wouldn't mind having a standard as I listed above.
This is something that would be so helpful. Is there a way to include skills? Listing skills would make this awesome.+1
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
As a GM you should be able to design the sheet (like widgets) so as to provide whatever information you needed.
Instead of a character sheet, this could be an improvement of the turn tracker, showing additional information at the side of the initiative value, if any.

Edited 1454268666
I have some Pathfinder GM Helper macro's that might help you guys out. Set them up as Token Actions, click the button, select if you want to whisper it to yourself (GM) or post it to chat, and it dumps relevant stats. Feel free to use them as a springboard to make your own GM Helper macros so everything gets much simpler (you'll of course have to update it to work with your character sheet attributes if you're not using Pathfinder). List-Defenses Token Action macro: Pulls all relevant data for combat in Pathfinder from the sheet in 3 clicks (no waiting for sheets to load) ?{Whisper check to GM?|Whisper,@{NPC-whisper}| Post to chat,} &{template:pf_generic} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Defenses}} {{AC: =@{Selected|AC}}} {{Touch: = @{Selected|Touch}**}}} {{Flat-Footed: = @{Selected|Flat-Footed}}} {{CMD: = @{CMD}**}} {{FF CMD: = @{FF-CMD}}} {{DR: = @{DR}}} {{Resistances: = @{resistances}}} {{Immunities: = @{immunities}}} {{Weaknesses: =@{weaknesses}}} {{Vision: =@{vision}}} {{SR: =@{sr}}}{{Armor Notes = @{Selected|Armor-notes}}}{{Save Notes = @{Selected|Save-notes}}}{{CMD Notes = @{Selected|cmd-notes}}}{{Defense Notes = @{Selected|defense-notes}}} List-Armor-Status: Helper to handle people damaging armor and broken equipment statuses ?{Whisper to GM?|Whisper,@{NPC-whisper}| Post to chat,} &{template:pf_generic} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} &{{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Armor Status}} {{@{selected|armor} = @{selected|armor-hp}/@{selected|armor-hp|Max}}} {{Hardness1 = @{selected|armor-hardness}}} {{@{selected|armor2} = @{selected|armor2-hp}/@{selected|armor2-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness2: = @{selected|armor2-hardness}}} {{@{selected|shield} = @{selected|shield-hp}/@{selected|shield-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness3: = @{selected|shield-hardness}}} {{@{selected|shield2} = @{selected|shield2-hp}/@{selected|shield2-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness4: = @{selected|shield2-hardness}}}
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Rory C. said: I have some Pathfinder GM Helper macro's that might help you guys out. Set them up as Token Actions, click the button, select if you want to whisper it to yourself (GM) or post it to chat, and it dumps relevant stats. Feel free to use them as a springboard to make your own GM Helper macros so everything gets much simpler (you'll of course have to update it to work with your character sheet attributes if you're not using Pathfinder). List-Defenses Token Action macro: Pulls all relevant data for combat in Pathfinder from the sheet in 3 clicks (no waiting for sheets to load) ?{Whisper check to GM?|Whisper,@{NPC-whisper}| Post to chat,} &{template:pf_generic} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Defenses}} {{AC: =@{Selected|AC}}} {{Touch: = @{Selected|Touch}**}}} {{Flat-Footed: = @{Selected|Flat-Footed}}} {{CMD: = @{CMD}**}} {{FF CMD: = @{FF-CMD}}} {{DR: = @{DR}}} {{Resistances: = @{resistances}}} {{Immunities: = @{immunities}}} {{Weaknesses: =@{weaknesses}}} {{Vision: =@{vision}}} {{SR: =@{sr}}}{{Armor Notes = @{Selected|Armor-notes}}}{{Save Notes = @{Selected|Save-notes}}}{{CMD Notes = @{Selected|cmd-notes}}}{{Defense Notes = @{Selected|defense-notes}}} List-Armor-Status: Helper to handle people damaging armor and broken equipment statuses ?{Whisper to GM?|Whisper,@{NPC-whisper}| Post to chat,} &{template:pf_generic} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} &{{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Armor Status}} {{@{selected|armor} = @{selected|armor-hp}/@{selected|armor-hp|Max}}} {{Hardness1 = @{selected|armor-hardness}}} {{@{selected|armor2} = @{selected|armor2-hp}/@{selected|armor2-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness2: = @{selected|armor2-hardness}}} {{@{selected|shield} = @{selected|shield-hp}/@{selected|shield-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness3: = @{selected|shield-hardness}}} {{@{selected|shield2} = @{selected|shield2-hp}/@{selected|shield2-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness4: = @{selected|shield2-hardness}}} Rory, These are great and would add value to a Pathfinder game.  I have done similar things in my games.  What they need is what there competitor, Fantasy Grounds has.  A way to create encounters and have all important player stats on one pop up screen.  Right now - there is no way to do this.  It could be integrated into the turn tracker system (which does not have the needed functionality).
I think this is a great idea. One idea I have would be that the "encounter sheet" should include all tokens that have been added to the turn tracker. (or just add a separate mechanic "add to encounter" that works the same way).
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
I agree Joe - I think this should be concentrated on and added to the next release...
+1
XophRA
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
This feature request is similar to the multiple sheet request here:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239632/multiple-character-sheet-layouts" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239632/multiple-character-sheet-layouts</a>
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
I am sure that these two things will merge into one. &nbsp;I just want to make sure that the concept of having a GM Sheet with encounter capabilities that an go across multiple character sheets is available.
+1 yes!
Sounds awesome +!
It would be nice to integrate into the combat tracker and have it automatically pull up the sheet of whomever's turn it currently is. (Along with the basic hp/ac into on every line)
+1 I'm a software developer and what is being requested can best be described as a GM dashboard. A way of seeing/changing aggregate or grouped data in a single web-page/location. When I GM I have two monitors. I split the chat and jukebox into their own windows (unfortunately I can't do that with other tabs such as journals). &nbsp;I move these to my secondary monitor as a semi-work-around for the lack of this feature. Would love to see this implemented. I love @Black Falcon's conceptual layout.&nbsp;
+1
+1
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Ryan J. said: +1 I'm a software developer and what is being requested can best be described as a GM dashboard. A way of seeing/changing aggregate or grouped data in a single web-page/location. When I GM I have two monitors. I split the chat and jukebox into their own windows (unfortunately I can't do that with other tabs such as journals). &nbsp;I move these to my secondary monitor as a semi-work-around for the lack of this feature. Would love to see this implemented. I love @Black Falcon's conceptual layout.&nbsp; Thanks Ryan. &nbsp;It was pretty basic. &nbsp;I had to come up with something that demonstrated what I was looking for. &nbsp;It would be great to aggregate the data into a single pane. &nbsp;You can pick and choose by using the initiative counter. I am hoping this gets added soon. &nbsp;There is so much playability this would add to the game.
This would be great and add to one of the big reasons why roll20 is so appealing: streamlining and efficiency.
I'd love to see that, too.
Falcon said: Ryan J. said: +1 I'm a software developer and what is being requested can best be described as a GM dashboard. A way of seeing/changing aggregate or grouped data in a single web-page/location. When I GM I have two monitors. I split the chat and jukebox into their own windows (unfortunately I can't do that with other tabs such as journals). &nbsp;I move these to my secondary monitor as a semi-work-around for the lack of this feature. Would love to see this implemented. I love @Black Falcon's conceptual layout.&nbsp; Thanks Ryan. &nbsp;It was pretty basic. &nbsp;I had to come up with something that demonstrated what I was looking for. &nbsp;It would be great to aggregate the data into a single pane. &nbsp;You can pick and choose by using the initiative counter. I am hoping this gets added soon. &nbsp;There is so much playability this would add to the game. Do you think this would be feasible for non PF & D&D games? I would think most if not all gaming systems could use a quick-sheet for GMs to refer to.&nbsp;
I also would like to see a Master GM Sheet/Dashboard, as long as it could be customized per game (in the same fashion that character sheets are). The master sheet doesn't even have to be all that fancy. Something as simple as the following will do nicely for most games: I imagine that one function of the master sheet would include being able to drag icons from the table or characters from the journal to individual slots within the master sheet, allowing it to auto fill the relevant abilities/attributes.
Simon said: I also would like to see a Master GM Sheet/Dashboard, as long as it could be customized per game (in the same fashion that character sheets are). The master sheet doesn't even have to be all that fancy. Something as simple as the following will do nicely for most games: I imagine that one function of the master sheet would include being able to drag icons from the table or characters from the journal to individual slots within the master sheet, allowing it to auto fill the relevant abilities/attributes. This is exactly what I'd love to have. And I love the timeline at the bottom.&nbsp;
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
I agree. &nbsp;It has to be customized with each type of game, it can have multiple tabs or buttons to go to different pages (like a character sheet). &nbsp;Where the integration comes in, is being able to pull information from multiple characters real time and then have more capability with the turn tracker (and integration). &nbsp;I think it's time to add a true Game Master system - this being the main part of it.&nbsp;
While it's earlier pointed out in this thread the similarity to&nbsp; this Suggestion , we see the differences as well. That said, the type of implementation asked for here is not what we're intending. We've got an intention to do some different views on the tabletop that would function as a Game Master screen or the like, but it's a little further reaching than what's going on in this thread... so I think the best call is to close this Suggestion as not happening to refund votes.