Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Partnering with Other Companies To Add Features Not in Roll20

I wouldn't tout another company if they did anything near the same, but just became aware of Obsidian Portal today. Lately, I have become aware of a few companies trying to do what Roll 20 are doing, and usually they are underwhelming at best. I think we agree that we want Roll 20 to use their Kickstarter money wisely and keep focusing on improving their project in ways that make sense for them. Lately, I have been in one of the character sheet forums asking for character sheets to be added to the Roll20, and maybe it doesn't make sense looking at it. I was wondering this, instead of asking Roll20 to add items like a wiki, character sheets, play calendars, ect.... how about partnering with a company like that to add in the features players are asking for, so Roll20 can keep doing what it does so well.
Seems Roll20 already met with them for a blog? <a href="http://blog.obsidianportal.com/haste-w-roll20-roll20-virtual-table-dndnext-ban-on-online-playtesting-classes-in-dnd/" rel="nofollow">http://blog.obsidianportal.com/haste-w-roll20-roll20-virtual-table-dndnext-ban-on-online-playtesting-classes-in-dnd/</a>
Yep, Obsidian Portal integration is already on the roadmap!
Really? I was throwing that out there, but hearing that is true amazes me. I know you have no time frame, but is that something on the upper, mid or lower end of things to do? Also, if I start using Obsidian Portal now, will that work into my advantage when it is integrated or should I hold off?