Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add basic stats and editable attributes to generic tokens

Macros and scripts would be even more powerful if the generic tokens had the basic stats and attr's of what ever ruleset was selected. As an example, I currently place a block of text this the example below in mob tokens, but all this info is useless to the macro systems: Stealth +7 (Passive Perception 17+ req'd when hidden/alert) Vuln: fire Immune: blind, deaf Blindsight 10' Darkvision 60' Websense, Spider Climb, Web Walker Passive Perception 10 S:14(+2) D:16(+3) C:12(+1) I:2(-4) W:11(+0) C:4(-3) Bite / +5 Hit 7 / 1d8+1 piercing +2d8 poison (Con DC11 for 1/2) / 0HP=stable + paralyzed 1hr Web / +5 / 30'-60' / restrained / (Str DC12) or HP5 AC10 slashing or fire
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're using a character sheet, why not simply link the token to a character sheet?
I don't want to create character sheets for all the monsters in an encounter or campaign. Even one per type seems a lot of work, and I'm not even sure the character vs monster mechanics would even work out.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I too would like to see a more 'character sheet' like setup for tokens. Rather than creating character sheets for each and every monster I just dump the statblocks into the token. Rather than having to go to the character sheet to work on a monster I go to the monster to work on the monster. Thus, having more features in the token makes more sense to me.
I would love this for peon monsters. just a few fields like ac hp etc from the character sheet setup as well as monster numbering built in

Edited 1492559745
Matt
Plus
Brian said: If you're using a character sheet, why not simply link the token to a character sheet? I would agree with this. Even if you don't make a whole sheet, you can just add a couple attributes that you want in the proper tab. Keep in mind that the more attributes that have to be loaded for a game, the longer it will take and the more it will lag. If every little token for every little thing (trees, maps, etc.) has its own set of attributes, campaigns will crash like never before. EDIT: just realized this was from like 2 years ago. Feel free to disregard.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .