Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Logging onto roll20 with a mobile and computer

Is it possible to log into a campaign on both a mobile phone and my regular computer?
Yes, you can technically login to the same game on both mobile and computer at the same time. I expect it's not 'officially' supported, so weirdness may crop up.
Gold
Forum Champion
Interestingly, Riley the lead developer has posted his idea-proposal for improving the way it works when you use 2 devices at once. See suggestions forum link to the post: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239607/implemen" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239607/implemen</a>...
Cool, I just want to be able to use my phone's personal bandwidth to hear my player's chatter, while conserving my home bandwidth.
Gold
Forum Champion
I see your purpose. I offload the audio to another device too. But in my group we use Skype for audio (and I run the Skype on my tablet or phone), so I tend to use Roll20 with audio-video turned OFF, on the computer.
Skype is just such a major CPU Hog I try to avoid using Skype whenever possible.
Devlin, if you're using Roll20 chat for voice/video you're going to run into issues with that on a mobile device. The Mobile browsers don't generally support the in-game audio.
I did have an issue but a worse one, never got to look for the audio. When I logged on the phone it erased the turn order. So I had to give up that option. Oh well.
You might want to try Oovoo if you don't like Skype (and I think they have a mobile app). However, in personal experience Skype seems to be the best choice currently of audio/video chat clients, including Google Hangouts, although of course YMMV.