Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Reveal Tool - Circular Eraser Tool

Score + 46
I think a great change to the reveal tool options would an eraser function that was circular. The similar functions within graphic programs work great and I believe this would be a great addition to the reveal tools. Cheers Keith
i know this seems basic, but unless there is a tool i just have been missing, "Clear Drawings" seems like the only way to get right of things, besides scaling and undoing (Undoing that has been working on and off for me, personally) I dislike accidentally clicking on my background and moving it, or moving tokens and other things just due to perhaps a line being too thin or a misclick. (I was Told to move my comment to this thread, from here and fully support this idea, an upvote for your idea sir.)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
HuskHunter said: I dislike accidentally clicking on my background and moving it, or moving tokens and other things just due to perhaps a line being too thin or a misclick. You might find this script helpful: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1660748/script-m" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1660748/script-m</a>...

Edited 1447275831
Especially for dynamic lighting, I know I need to be very careful when setting up a dynamic lighting area as lines of the same color fuse together into one big structure which can only be altered by deleting the whole thing and starting over. EDIT: This may not be the case, I may have been confused by square drag selection being overzealous and picking multiple pieces, but I still end up with large blocks of dynamic lighting area that can't be easily messed with when breaking down walls and the like. I'd greatly appreciate being able to use the square drawing tool to quickly mark down standard rooms and corridors and then erase the lines across doors as they are opened, rather than needing to carefully draw in each wall line by line then switch to a different color to drop down doors and hope that I don't forget at any point to draw in the right color or I'll need to redraw everything attached.
Or even worse (in relation to what KingMarth was saying), is when you get your dungeon all nice and pretty with dynamic lighting and the party figures out a way to tunnel through a wall. Now I'm staring at the map wondering what the easiest way to break a hole in my wall is without destroying the entire level.
Better yet: the map I'm using has a large round room, with my only options being either make a circle with the polygon and leave an opening or draw a full curcle with the shape tool and have vision unexplicably blocked (story-wise, I'll just say there's a curtain). With an eraser I could just draw my circle and erase the opening within a minute. Even more frustrating since it's the only room in the dungeon to have a light source in it. I'm not the one who designed it, and even then, sometimes the plot asks for a circular chamber in the villain's dungeon. When you enter a round room, you just know the place is important.
I would also love a circular reveal area tool ("just press alt for circular reveal!"), because I'm playing in an Hex grid and revealing squares doesn't really cut it
Gold
Forum Champion
Dario Figueira said: I would also love a circular reveal area tool ("just press alt for circular reveal!"), because I'm playing in an Hex grid and revealing squares doesn't really cut it Note: You can use the polygon reveal tool, for non-squares. I understand your vote for a circular tool, just wanted to make sure you know that you can reveal non-squares, hex shape, trapezoids, whatever you want, non-curved but you can simulate a curve with lots of points/angles. Wiki Docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Fog_of_War" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Fog_of_War</a>
Adding my up vote for a proper erasing tool! As it stands now, you can erase absolutely everything or just live with some change. CTRL+Z only gets you out of some jams. We need a proper erasing tool. I've got several friends with free accounts running games here and they want it too.
Putting in my vote for the eraser tool as well too! &nbsp;This would be invaluable! &nbsp;I need this especially for the Dynamic lighting. &nbsp;for doors and windows, you could just erase the lines on the fly!&nbsp;
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Yes. I ended up wishing desperately for this when dynamic lighting a map with lots of arches and such. It was such a pain to have to erase huge chunks
I add my vote for the dynamic lighting eraser tool. &nbsp;Players have a tendency to cast passwall, glassee, dig, etc. &nbsp;Also, things burn down.
Any kind of eraser would be great. Especially for use with the dynamic lighting.
I'd like this too, even if it had to be made a premium feature.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya'll should check out the&nbsp; Pathsplitter API script . It lets you separate out and delete sections of paths you've drawn. Demo: The demo gif is a little outdated, as now it has a macro button so you don't have to type in the command.
Another vote for a custom UDL line eraser.&nbsp; My group loves Passwall, and I would love to show the spell effect as they cast it during the game.&nbsp; As it is, I end up revising UDL between games and introducing secret doors to act as walls / openings.&nbsp; Lots of time I'd rather spend plotting our next adventure.