Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add the ability to hide games in your LFG.

Score + 30

Edited 1440885670
It would be nice to have a feature that allows you to check off games and hide them so you don't see them every time you look on your LFG page. For the more popular games, there is usually a page or more of games that are either not games at all, uninteresting to me, or full. I find this is mostly a problem with groups that don't turn their LFG page off. For example, on the Pathfinder page, there are around 15 games which are full, yet are still on the page in various locations. There are also 4 games which are permanently open on purpose, and two games which are not games. So please, can we have some way to check off games we don't want to see every time we look at the LFG page? Speaking as a web developer, it should be a fairly easy feature to implement. All your games have unique IDs, so just add a button that adds that unique ID to a list placed inside each user's profile. Whenever the LFG function runs, it omits any games with that unique ID. Should be pretty easy. I think ><.
If I see a game I don't want to be a part of I'd rather it not clutter my search.
I think it would be good to be able to hide game-listings that you have no interest in upon review. For example, there are games that are run in languages I do not speak. I would hide them to declutter the listings. Similarly, there are campaigns where there would be clear problems between the GM and my play styles. I could hide those so that I don't keep looking at them because I forget what the campaign posting says. Anyway, it would make looking for games easier in my opinion.
Bump on this topic. It's especially annoying to see games that I had been part of, but had to leave because of scheduling problems. I don't want to keep rubbing salt in the wound every time I try to find a new group.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Here's a workaround that might help in the meanwhile.
Yes. I could use a way to hide games I don't want to join from coming up.
i would also like to add my support to this idea.. could even make it out sort based off what games i choose in my player profile. if i dont want to play a Call of cthulhu game why should the LFG listing even bother to show them to me... if a workaround exists could we not just have a more advanced search & filter system natively work. while i am not sure on what goes on in the backend. i am sure the system is smart enough to pre process some filtering based on my personal prefrences 
A tad late to the party, but hey. Was checking if their was an extant posting on this, and I'd love an option in Advance Settings to exclude certain tags from searches.
I'd also like a way to "highlight" certain games... there's some permanent entries that I may like to join at a time, and I'd like to mark them in a way. So fit in with this idea above, I'd like a feature like "sticky" ... make something sticky at the top or the bottom of the list. That way I could have the favourites on top, and sort the ones I don't like to the last page of the list... 
lordmage said: i would also like to add my support to this idea.. could even make it out sort based off what games i choose in my player profile. if i dont want to play a Call of cthulhu game why should the LFG listing even bother to show them to me... if a workaround exists could we not just have a more advanced search & filter system natively work. while i am not sure on what goes on in the backend. i am sure the system is smart enough to pre process some filtering based on my personal prefrences  An exclusion filter would be the bee's knees.