Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Object that obstructs Dynamic Light but not LOS?

Consider a map with dynamic lighting and LOS enabled. If you have a room with columns as below, the columns 'cast' a double shadow, which is visually awkward (see below). In particular, it's hard to tell at a glance which one is the Dynamic Lighting and which one is the LOS shadow, and as the light moves through the space, the spinning double shadows ruin the 'cool factor' of Dynamic Lighting (for me). In this situation I don't want LOS for the columns, but I do want it in general (I don't want my players to see light in unexplored rooms). Is it possible to have an object that blocks light, but does not block LOS? I suppose I could use DL + FoW to achieve what I want, but then I have to manually reveal, which I was trying to avoid. Thanks
In my suggestion here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1246470/special-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1246470/special-</a>... I propsed the creating of special lighting layer objects that would have the ability to do all sorts of different things with the dynamic lighting. I dont see any reason not to include ones that block line of sight but not light or vice versa. I think we should combine our different lighting requests into 1 thread with a coherent system to implement all of them. Like mine! Feel free to add your suggestion/support to my thread or come tell me why I am wrong about everything.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .